Release [WIP] Master Control - Testers needed

You could do something like /usr/pandora/scripts/op_storage.sh does to remove other gadget modules and restore them back after the app quits.

I just noticed that this PND has the documentation named as simply README, which is a big no-no as far as standards go (you have no way of knowing which app it goes with in the menu).

I just noticed that this PND has the documentation named as simply README, which is a big no-no as far as standards go (you have no way of knowing which app it goes with in the menu).
That's a good point. I will fix that. Thank you :)

A new version is online.

Change Log:

- Gui
Device and connection buttons are now functional
Enabling/disabling an input device will stop processing input events from that device
Enabling/disabling an output device will stop forwarding input events to that device
USB/Bluetooth buttons allows to use one connection at a time

It's now possible to switch between full screen and window mode
In window mode only the major buttons are visible and input grabbing is stopped
In fullscreen all input is grabbed

- Bluetooth
This part has been completely revamped
On startup MC will automatically try to connect to the last known host (which is saved, when the app is closed)
On disconnects MC will try to reconnect, if the "Bluetooth" button is enabled. Current reconnect interval is set to 5 seconds

- USB
Some minor bugfixes

- Startup script
You will now get error messages, if something goes wrong
If gadgetfs fails to be initialized, MC will start without USB support

-Other
Reverted changes from v1.0.0.1

Windows really drives me crazy. While everything works fine on Linux, Windows still has problems with the Bluetooth part. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Maybe it's just my more than 10 years old BT stick...

So I need some tests for Win and BT please.

Have fun! :)

I think we can safely assume that Linux-SWAT did know that already.

that's a discovery i made recently:
ppl around here tend to seriously lack sense of humour and/or sarcasm while exaggerating in hair-splitting.

on-topic:
@crionic: you sure put a lot of work into this. thumbs up, mate!

So I need some tests for Win and BT please.
Still can't get neither Windows 8 nor Android 4.? to recognize the Pandora as a input device, steps I did:

- ran MC

- activated Bluetooth

- paired both devices (I deleted the OP device on Windows 8 before paring, could not find the option on Android)

- ran MC again

- pressed the bluetooth button on the MC Gui

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a segmentation fault on line 44 of run_mastercontrol.sh, and the small interface closes immediatly.

I have done this: started a bluetooth connection with the PC, started the fullscreen interface of mastercontrol, selected bluetoot, played a bit (not working), closed the program, deactivated bluetooth device.

Started again MasterControl, and it crush every time... maybe it's still trying to use the bluetooth even if it's deactivated ?

Used it via OTG on Linux OpenSUSE - works well but the touch screen does not seem to map to the screen.

I played Shank with it and the gamepad reacts very well, but it's impossible to map any of the action buttons. So I had to map the keyboard instead. Any idea why?

Thanks for your input, people. I'll keep investigating the problems.

Used it via OTG on Linux OpenSUSE - works well but the touch screen does not seem to map to the screen.

I played Shank with it and the gamepad reacts very well, but it's impossible to map any of the action buttons. So I had to map the keyboard instead. Any idea why?
The touchscreen is not implemented yet. The action buttons shouldn't be a problem. Could you please post the map you tried?

Hmm... I disabled the g_ devices and the USB network. The program starts up, Windows does its plinky plonky device detection and I get a nice Pandora HID with a game controller, mouse, and keyboard.

However, I cannot get then to actually do anything. While I had a text program up, random pressing of keys produced a single "r" and a "u".

I like where this software is going.

doesn't work here...original batch pandora,last zaxxon fw,windows 7 x64.read somehwere on previous topic that it has to do with OTG but its not explained what is it

i basically start the app,it asks for my password,input it..and nothing happens.nothing at all

Thanks for your input, people. I'll keep investigating the problems.

The touchscreen is not implemented yet. The action buttons shouldn't be a problem. Could you please post the map you tried?
I'm sorry I don't understand what you are asking - what map ?

One more issue - i could not start the program successfully a second time. Now it refuses to launch again. Pnd out says something about the fact it can cannot start gadgetfs. Not sure why, I did not change anything. 

I get the same seg fault as powergod if I don't change to fullscreen inmediately, furthermore bluetooth is still not working here, but I get some more output in the pndrun_ file:

just after Grabbing mouse: ok and grabbing keyboard ok: a lot of:

Bluetooth: Connection failed! Invalid address:

Bluetooth: Not longer listening...

Bluetooth: Server stopped!

so I had bluetooth enabled and the pandora paired with the host computer, such that the pandora shows up in the devices list on the host and the host on the devices list on the pandora...I have tried to send files with the pandora, that also doesn't work, also browsing files doesn't work (it does for the host with my phone...)

edit: sending files both ways seems to work ok afterall

Installed on my pandora but the interface never shows up. It asks for root, then nothing. Is there a log file on the system to check for output?
The program could not be started. Please check /tmp/pndrun_mastercontrol.out
same issue here.here's my log

Code:
=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/apps/mastercontrol.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/mastercontrol
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/mastercontrol"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/mastercontrol=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/mastercontrol=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/mastercontrol"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh  ) ----------
++ id -u
+ '[' 1000 '!=' 0 ']'
+ gksudo -m 'Master Control needs root privileges to run.Please enter your password' id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root)
+ exec sudo -n ./pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh
++ id -u
+ '[' 0 '!=' 0 ']'
++ modprobe gadgetfs
+ result=
+ '[' 0 '!=' 0 ']'
++ mkdir -p /dev/gadgetfs
+ result=
+ '[' 0 '!=' 0 ']'
++ mountpoint -q /dev/gadgetfs
++ mount -t gadgetfs gadgetfs /dev/gadgetfs
+ result='mount: unknown filesystem type '\''gadgetfs'\'''
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/mastercontrol': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 2

Hmm, so after setting the nubs to joystick mode, I sort of get joystick output... however, both nubs seem to output to the main joystick (x/y axis) on the emulated gamepad. There also seem to be some overflow issues when mapping the nubs to the virtual joysticks, since when I push it all the way to the right or bottom, it wraps around to the left or top respectively. This is on Windows 7, by the way.

Back