Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles

The packing was pretty easy due to good examples on how to do it (gpSP ginge pack for ginge and viewport init, Battle Jewels for appdata folder sharing, PXML Documentation, etc.) - thanks to those repackers for giving me good examples, especially gpSP was very useful on showing me how to resize and position the framebuffer viewport.

Another big thanks obviously goes to notaz for creating Ginge, the game sure plays a lot better on Pandora than on Wiz due to better gamepad controls.

(Lets face it, the digital direction buttons on the Gamepark devices suck... sad but true.)

And of course Hao and his brother for an epic game to bundle. ;)

Still gotta think about striking a good pose / outfit for my custom avatar request... hmmmmm.

Sweet, I didn't think we could have Full screen through ginge. Just ish notax had packagesd his original ginge this way. Is there any tutorial/wiki on ginge features/configs etc (ie. mouse/touchscreen) I seen on the original ginge its set to f100 so no touchscreen. I've been using and trying many games in it that I would have liked to play but I never went for f200 and some where designed for f200 (ie. Super mario chronicals - it seems to work by the way wiz ver.) will try some others.

Many thanks Coldbird, was just about to post requesting a 'DaveC' mode ;)

DaveC mode, LOL, didn't know about that one! That guy still around?

And of course Hao and his brother for an epic game to bundle. ;)

Still gotta think about striking a good pose / outfit for my custom avatar request... hmmmmm.

Thanks again! And yeah, there have been funny outfits like people cosplaying ninja suits, karate-gi's .... :lol:

A BIG THANKYOU TO EVERYONE FOR THIS!

just had a thought will I still be able to add my sprite to the PND?

Sure! You'll just have to copy the sprite file to the folder and that's it :)

A big thanks to EvilDragon, with so much stuff going on and he checking these small threads I am tempted to think that he's not human, he's probably a Terminator

The sprites do indeed work on the Pandora, also they look cool! I'm using one now as avatar. :)

Although, can't they be used in story mode or I'm I just to stupid to figure out how?

Yeah, looks nice as an avatar for forums too! ;) Glad to know it works just fine on Pandora :)

And nope, only for the Arcade Mode and Stats, we'll add it on the Online Stats (http://users.wind-water.net) but we're revamping them, as well as on the W&W Online Battles (we're hoping to be able to do them)

Thanks for your support!

BUMP: Coldbird or anyone with a Caanoo, can you guys help me with the Ginge bundle just like Coldbird did? :) My Caanoo still needs some time to arrive.

Also, how's the wifi thingy for Pandora working (any threads worth looking at?) ? I'm hoping to do some W&W Online tests on PC and that would definitely be cool on Pandora too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to say that I'm enjoying this game on my Pandora. Thanks to the creators and all those who got it packaged for the Pandora.

is there anyway we would be able to get the linux version ported to pandora instead of the gp2x version :)

BUMP: Coldbird or anyone with a Caanoo, can you guys help me with the Ginge bundle just like Coldbird did? :) My Caanoo still needs some time to arrive.

Also, how's the wifi thingy for Pandora working (any threads worth looking at?) ? I'm hoping to do some W&W Online tests on PC and that would definitely be cool on Pandora too!
Pandora uses berkeley sockets just like pc linux.

If your networking code works on linux version it will work on pandora too.

Afterall the pandora is basically just a armel linux computer.

Hi guys,

For Pandora, it's mainly recompiling with a Toolchain and voila? Or are buttons assigned differently compared to GP2X, etc? I don't know the button layout.

Coldbird: Yeah, thought that, sorry for the n00bish question, but when it comes to Linux (EG the unknown) I'm better off asking :)

Oh, and we just ran a Linux+Windows clients Online test yesterday, more on this thread if you wanna join :) http://forum.wind-water.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78&p=479 or anyone for that matter!

If compiling for Pandora doesn't require anything particular we can beta-test the client on Pandora too. I'd need to get in chat with you so you can help me compile for Pandora and test it real-time.

Cheers!

Hi guys,

For Pandora, it's mainly recompiling with a Toolchain and voila? Or are buttons assigned differently compared to GP2X, etc? I don't know the button layout.

Pretty much, buttons by default generate keyboard keys, dpad=arrows, abxy=pageup,pagedown,home,end

The others already told you everything pretty much. But should you require personal assistance feel free to contact me on msn or jabber.

Msn: coldbird123@hotmail.com

Jabber: coldbird@linuxlovers.at

Many thanks Coldbird, was just about to post requesting a 'DaveC' mode ;)

DaveC mode, LOL, didn't know about that one! That guy still around?

Dave C is something of a hero on the Pandora scene as he designed the case & controls, but not the nubs IIRC, of the Pandora. He does drop by the forums occasionally, mostly to complain about non integer scaling on emulators. :D

any updates on this Hao or PokeParadox? :)
Well I think there is just key-mapping to be done. The video above was a PoC to see how the netplay code would behave and it in fact works very well. Pretty much in sync with the PC version. Also keys were same as PC version so in that state it's not comfortable to play.

So a bit more patience and there will be a native build incoming, with nicely mapped controls. (Hopefully I'll be testing it later today.) Also if anyone has the time to piece together a nice html manual for the Ginge'd and eventually this native build it would be nice. I know someone made a PNG manual for the GP2X version... it would be nice for something similar here! (Also what "help" formats does the PND system allow - plaintext, html, pdf?)

So not much news but things are happening. :)

Back