Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles

Alright, hai guys, sorry for not showing up earlier but we've been busy with the PC release here and there :)

Moxie: Thanks alot for sharing the news!

Emnasut: Sure, thanks a lot! Just let us know about it ;)

As for the Ginge thing (which I didn't even know about!), I think the best would be that you guys wrap it and upload it to the Pandora repository. Coldbird made us a nice and kind offering of wrapping it up, which would be nice :) if everyone agrees then off we go! The only small detail is that the WIZ version may change (bug fixes, new features, netplay, etc.), so we would email you when we have a new version for you to upload to the repository.

Oh, and as Poke said, if you guys can help me include some info about the game (official website, manual, custom avatar offering) it would be great. Just a little how-to run on Pandora since I don't own one :p (will order as soon as the current batches are done!)

How's that?

Also, thanks everyone for the love, hope you're enjoying the game and don't forget you can win a Full Set avatar participating here :)

EDIT: Oh, and one other thing... now that the game is free, we'd really like to let people know about it -- we're hoping to have enough players (in any of the versions) to give the game some nice online netplay support, so if you guys can help me promote in forums and of course, around the Pandora community too, we'd be really really grateful.

dsleaf67: Here's the download link of the original F100 version, let me know if it works :) http://www.wind-water.net/download/wnw_101en.zip

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Moxie: Thanks alot for sharing the news!
As far as I know, Moxie is not an alot. :p

ALOT.png

Fantastic news. I bought the game a while ago for the SEGA Dreamcast, via Redspotgames. Happy to hear that the game is now freely available and soon can be played on the Pandora too.

Its great to hear from you Hao. I will tackle bundling the game when I get back to my PC.

As for your offer, any kind of manual and information to bundle with the pnd file would be nice to have.

Alright. Bundling worked very nicely. Runs great on Pandora.

All it lacks now is a nice HTML manual to bundle aswell as a Upload on the Appstore...

Could ED or Craig please unlock my Appstore Account for Uploading? Ive filed a request ages ago but no response so far.

It's looking great and running well.

I can't wait to have my Pandora and play this game on it.
biggrin.gif

Thanks to Hao and his borther for this great game and to Coldbird for packaging it for the Pandora.

As far as I know, Moxie is not an alot. :p

Well, as far as I know moxie IS an alot! How's that? :D (btw if you check my post one line below it says "a lot", which means I really meant to say that moxie is an alot... really) :rolleyes:

Its great to hear from you Hao. I will tackle bundling the game when I get back to my PC.

As for your offer, any kind of manual and information to bundle with the pnd file would be nice to have.

Alright. Bundling worked very nicely. Runs great on Pandora.

All it lacks now is a nice HTML manual to bundle aswell as a Upload on the Appstore...

Alright, thanks "alot" Coldbird! :D Looks nice, is it running at full framerate? (I can't see on said video). Just one thing, we're a little picky when it comes to pixel art graphics, so could it be possible to offer a stretched (as currently in 800x480) and non-stretched (640x480) version, does Ginge allow that?

Also, if anyone can take pictures without flash using a camera of the screen itself, just to see how the scaling looks, we'd love you forever and ever :D (I know I know, we're nagging a lot of alots here, I'm just really curious as how W&W looks on a Pandora screen, since the video looks pretty cool!)

Thanks guys!

NOTE: Beta mouse support if you haven't seen it :)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_oQ9y9SDWKk?feature=oembed

You might not believe it but the stretching isnt really noteable. However I shall provide a new PND which offers 1:1, 4:3 and fullscreen stretch. I will do that once Im back on my PC. Will do a few screenshots too then. :D

Well, as far as I know moxie IS an alot! How's that? :D (btw if you check my post one line below it says "a lot", which means I really meant to say that moxie is an alot... really) :rolleyes:

Well played, sir! :D

Ive updated the package to support three different scaling modes.

1:1 (320x240)

2:1 (aka. 4:3, 640x480)

Fullscreen (obvious.)

However I really wouldn't play on 1:1... it's way too small to make anything out on the highreso Pandora screen.

2:1 is okay, and the aspect ratio is right, but I still prefer Fullscreen just for the sake of it.

I've already submitted the new multi-scaling-mode version to Openhandhelds, but its still pending approval, so you guys gotta wait till they decide to update the Download Page there...

ED approved the update, you can now download the new version from openhandhelds!

However, as requested by Hao, here are some screenshots to show the different scaling modes.

1:1

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13011238/100_1470.jpg

2:1

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13011238/100_1474.jpg

Fullscreen

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13011238/100_1487.jpg

And finally to answer Hao's question about speed and extendability for avatars... it runs fullspeed - all fine here, no matter what scaling I apply, avatars can be copied into the game by pasting them into the appdata directory "wwpuzzlewiz", it will behave just the same way as the Wiz version if avatar data is copied there.

Okay, thanks Coldbird! Screens looks nice and thanks for pleasing me with my request =) I just wanted 2x or 2x-fullscreen, 1x is pretty much useless considering that 2x is pixel-perfect, but that's fine too! Fullscreen looks pretty good but I always prefer to have the option to see it pixel-perfect.

Dammit, now I wanna play it on Pandora!! :( :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Oh, one last stupid request by me, can you change the website on the repository from http://www.yuanworks.com to http://www.wind-water.net ? Our company website has not been updated for years since we're mostly focusing on our DEV blog and W&W website :)

Sure. But it will have to get reapproved by ed to get displayed. Knowing him and his busy lifestyle that will take some time.

Ive updated the package to support three different scaling modes.

1:1 (320x240)

2:1 (aka. 4:3, 640x480)

Fullscreen (obvious.)

Many thanks Coldbird, was just about to post requesting a 'DaveC' mode ;)

The packing was pretty easy due to good examples on how to do it (gpSP ginge pack for ginge and viewport init, Battle Jewels for appdata folder sharing, PXML Documentation, etc.) - thanks to those repackers for giving me good examples, especially gpSP was very useful on showing me how to resize and position the framebuffer viewport.

Another big thanks obviously goes to notaz for creating Ginge, the game sure plays a lot better on Pandora than on Wiz due to better gamepad controls.

(Lets face it, the digital direction buttons on the Gamepark devices suck... sad but true.)

And of course Hao and his brother for an epic game to bundle. ;)

Still gotta think about striking a good pose / outfit for my custom avatar request... hmmmmm.

A BIG THANKYOU TO EVERYONE FOR THIS!

just had a thought will I still be able to add my sprite to the PND?

Still gotta think about striking a good pose / outfit for my custom avatar request... hmmmmm.

Make it a good pose, the avatar might stay with you for a while :) I've been using mine since W&W was first released on GP2x, ahh, good times.

@ Hao

Thanks for a great game! My Gp2X died some time ago, and I wont be getting a Pandora anytime soon, so a PC port is great news for me :)

Back