Win2X : Alternative Frontend

OK Neil...I have made a backup script for Win2X.This will make a backup of Win2X into the root of the SD.It is on the archive now.Read the instructions included.

Neil L said:
Thank you chp, are you back to stay? We all miss you!

Cheers, Neil
I'm very short on time Neil and have many business to attend to,so for now I'll just aid you guys whenever I can.
Hope to get more time in the future and get back into developing.But I'll be in discussing for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
milkawax said:
:(

Don't leave us , please.

Your work is great....
Thank you milkawax!It is just that I'll be away of home for some time.But I'll continue my work with Win2X when I can.There're still things I
want to do..

chp, just want to say thank you for your work. Excellent program. Especially considering that Gmenu2x port on the Wiz is crappy.

rbm13s said:
chp, just want to say thank you for your work. Excellent program. Especially considering that Gmenu2x port on the Wiz is crappy.
Thank you rbm13s!That was the main reason I decided to make Win2X in the first place.

chp said:
rbm13s said:
Thank you rbm13s!That was the main reason I decided to make Win2X in the first place.
Well thanks for the great work, your code is nice and tight it seems from the good speed of the app.

Even if I was a bit rough at times your great work is appreciated :)

chickendung said:
A couple of bugs I noticed:
If you change the time it is not saved, except for the 24/12 hour setting.
Cannot make skins anymore, even if the original images are overwritten.
It does change the time!It just needs a few tries.I don't know why it is doing that,although it should be working perfectly!
Guess has something to do with the firmware...But you can try it yourself and mainly use the keys instead of the touchscreen...

Chp, can you change cursor position after close window[for example, explorer] in system menu.I mean, now,when you close window,cursor back to first icon,it will be nice when it stay on last choose position

chp said:
zaba said:
Hi guys, I have the same problem... BUT the difference is I don't have a SD card, I use the NAND memory. In the moment Wiz loads the Win2X systems, I received a non-friendly black screen... nothing more.
I can't do nothing...
Help help!
Well...unfortunatelly you have to reflash your firmware..It is nothing difficult.
1. Download fw 1.1 from here : http://gpain.com/firmware/Wiz_1.1.0_090617.zip
2. Put the files to the root of an SD.
3.Power up WIZ and hold the shoulder R.
4.Wait for about 15 minutes and you're done!You have your WIZ restored...
Every file that comes with Win2X installation is vital and should not be deleted of modified...

Thank you very much chp!! It solve my problem.

I'm following your constant work with this fronted, very great!!

One observation, it is necessary to put a 'Port' section? Do the people use it?
Personally, I never used that. I think with Applications, Emulator, Built-in Games it is fine.

Thanks for your hard work!

zaba said:
One observation, it is necessary to put a 'Port' section? Do the people use it?
Personally, I never used that. I think with Applications, Emulator, Built-in Games it is fine.

I use the 'Port' category. I use this for ports of PC games like Doom, Quake, Noiz2sa and a few others. I use the 'Games' category for original games (which actually includes GP2X ports ironically) like Animatch, Protozoa, Blast Riot, ect. I use the 'Emulator' group for just that, emulators. The only group I never use is the 'Applications' group. I mentioned awhile ago it would be a great feature if we could add, delete and rename our own categories but chp already said he's moving away from this project so don't expect any updates coming soon.

MiOdd said:
I use the 'Port' category. I use this for ports of PC games like Doom, Quake, Noiz2sa and a few others. I use the 'Games' category for original games (which actually includes GP2X ports ironically) like Animatch, Protozoa, Blast Riot, ect. I use the 'Emulator' group for just that, emulators. The only group I never use is the 'Applications' group. I mentioned awhile ago it would be a great feature if we could add, delete and rename our own categories but chp already said he's moving away from this project so don't expect any updates coming soon.
Same here. Plus i use apps category for gmu, fxfnav and WiZLight (lol).

Found a new bug tho , but this might take a while to get fixed , but its nothing serious...

Starting "Lemonboy" GBC emulator and then exiting it removes the battery icon at the bottom , then starting the Snes or Amiga emulator and exit back to the interface makes the icon re-appear...

DarkShadowSwE said:
Found a new bug tho , but this might take a while to get fixed , but its nothing serious...

Starting "Lemonboy" GBC emulator and then exiting it removes the battery icon at the bottom , then starting the Snes or Amiga emulator and exit back to the interface makes the icon re-appear...
I'm aware of this bug DarkShadow.It is not a bug of Win2X though.I think it is a bug of
internal LemonBoy code,which makes the read of the pollux_battery unavailable.

I would also like to make a comment about the sutdown command:
Although the 'shutdown command' is working(and the auto-shutdown command), it is not completely safe to use it.
The reason is that the code that Orkie kindly provided us,is just cutting the Wiz's power off instantly and does not
allow the filesystem to make a proper finalization before shutting down.So there is a possibility of data loss in cases
where the system requires update to certain filesystem elements before shutting down.

I'll be back for a few days so...I will upload an update to fix this(or attempt to) along with a fix for the clock time set(which I have fixed already).

I'm lovin' this front end to no end!

I have yet to install it yet though, as a new WiZ user I'm just testing it.

I'm wondering why I haven't been able to find the GPHapps menu.

Could this be because I'm in test mode, and it doesn't run fully in test mode?

Awesome work CHP!

Back