Win2X : Alternative Frontend

These updates are so appreciated, because I know how long it takes to code and modify...It means so much that there is one person on this project, and its progressing so fast with such a high response to user input. Thanks CHP!

CodeOfTheBenchPress said:
These updates are so appreciated, because I know how long it takes to code and modify...It means so much that there is one person on this project, and its progressing so fast with such a high response to user input. Thanks CHP!
Thank you Code...It is really nice to see so much user support and feedback.I believe in Wiz's potentials and I think that if it gains more support
from other developers aswell,it will be a great gadget...Anyway,I do my best for (almost)everyone to be happy...Thank you again!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that the GPH inserts win2x in the next firmware as menu of default, it would be too much beautiful

Neil L said:
I'm not sure that it is the pollux_set causing the hang ups as I can't get any .gpu files (pollux_set or not) to run, but .gpe's run fine. (Most of ZX81's emulators need to be ran from a .gpu)

I've found a way to get .gpu files to run with Win2x, you just have to create a .gpe (pointing at he required .gpu) then run this. :)
It doesn't work for GP2Xpectrum though! :( (I tried it after reading the above post)
Cheers, Neil

One other little thing I've noticed if the .gpe's name is too long you can't link to it, Win2X just runs it!

Not to change the topic, but I had two suggestions for the 1.1.1 version.

1 - Can the File Explorer list the files in alphbetical order? It seems right now to be sorting them by date created.

2 - Is there a way to put a File Explorer shortcut on the desktop?

Thanks!

kart_racer3 said:

1 - Can the File Explorer list the files in alphbetical order? It seems right now to be sorting them by date created.

Thanks!
chp said:
OK...I have updated Win2X to v1.2.Here's the changes:
> Added recovery screen (Press and hold R at Win2X startup)
> Added GPH apps taskbar button for desktop and apps window(with no extra link files and the scripts are self-created.)
> Fixed overclocking (now runs on the default 533Mhz)
> Improved font appearance
> Added image rotation for Slideshow(see documentation)
> Changed desktop time to 24H format
> Added desktop icons text
> Expanded start menu response area
> Added custom icon auto-save
> Changed explorer list sort to alphabetical
> Added taskbar icon and touch screen support for explorer pop-up menu
> Fixed explorer copy/paste/delete/rename function. Now supports filenames with spaces
> Explorer R key mapped to “navigate the selected folder”
> Improved explorer list scrolling
> Other minor changes and fixes.
As I stated before,any new version will be compatible with v1.1 and newer...So just run "install.gpe" to update.
Thank you for your support.

I think those items have been addressed, but until we can get out hands on the update....
-DEJ

I have a new suggestion.

I have already written a small script for myself,
But I think, a "backup.gpe" that copies the current setup of the NAND installed Win2X to the SD card,
That can be run before the "uninstall.gpe" would be convenient.

My script effectively updates the install folder on the SD card.
Thus altering the function of "install.gpe" the next time it is run.
I use my script to quickly swap back and forth between the default menu system,
and Win2X for testing apps that are having issues. And since I have 2 WiZ, I
want to keep them sorta sync'd.
-DEJ

Dejunai said:
kart_racer3 said:

Thanks!
chp said:
OK...I have updated Win2X to v1.2.Here's the changes:
> Added recovery screen (Press and hold R at Win2X startup)
> Added GPH apps taskbar button for desktop and apps window(with no extra link files and the scripts are self-created.)
> Fixed overclocking (now runs on the default 533Mhz)
> Improved font appearance
> Added image rotation for Slideshow(see documentation)
> Changed desktop time to 24H format
> Added desktop icons text
> Expanded start menu response area
> Added custom icon auto-save
> Changed explorer list sort to alphabetical
> Added taskbar icon and touch screen support for explorer pop-up menu
> Fixed explorer copy/paste/delete/rename function. Now supports filenames with spaces
> Explorer R key mapped to “navigate the selected folder”
> Improved explorer list scrolling
> Other minor changes and fixes.
As I stated before,any new version will be compatible with v1.1 and newer...So just run "install.gpe" to update.
Thank you for your support.

I think those items have been addressed, but until we can get out hands on the update....
-DEJ

Thanks, haha, it would help if I pay attention.

Taking a while for dude to put the file up, can't wait to update the wiz on my new 8gb card

Nice update, can't wait to try it. But seems the update is still not avavaible at the download section?

frolik said:
Strange because there are two new items in the Archive since this was uploaded, still no sign......
OK..I added a new link to it.Apparently update did not work...Now it is visible to the archive.

Downloaded and working perfectly. Amazing work again chp. Thank you very much. :D

Great release, starts to get really polished. The font is much nicer, touchscreen more accurate too.

Some minor issue with sorting in the explorer: folders starting with capital letters are always listed before files starting with lowercase letters, so WizFrontier is listed before abuse.

raindog said:
Downloaded and working perfectly. Amazing work again chp. Thank you very much. :D
Thank you very much!Once again Win2X has been improved thanks to the users support and feedback...which is much appreciated.

Sitizen said:
Great release, starts to get really polished. The font is much nicer, touchscreen more accurate too.

Some minor issue with sorting in the explorer: folders starting with capital letters are always listed before files starting with lowercase letters, so WizFrontier is listed before abuse.
Well...yes.It is not an issue.Linux is case sensitive,which means that every capital letter comes before any lowercase(e.g W comes before w)...I can change this though to be case insensitive...

i find strange bug in image viewer.I test this on resources of win2x.When file is open and it`s smaller than wiz screen res it`s little blurry, but when i rotate this image then it`s sharp again.And one suggestion,can you move firmware applications shortcuts from bottom bar to pulpit or to one of the sidebars?

Back