Win2X : Alternative Frontend

raindog said:
The touchscreen works flawless for me in Win2x, in fact works perfect in every program or game that supports it. Bad luck chickendung, i hope you enjoy more your pandora... when you get it.
It'll be here by the time my teeth heal up! Two things to look forward to there! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK...Finally Win2X 1.1 is here!Sorry for keeping you wait...Changes in this version are:
> Added "send to wallpaper" option to explorer pop-up menu
> Explorer copy/paste bug fixed
> Added Custom icon selector for links
> Added skinning support
> Implemented Desktop Side bar with useful links
> Fixed Explorer scroll list response
> Reconstruction of window links view.Now supports icon text aswell
> Minor keys remapping for better compatibility.
>Added TIPS for setting custom wallpapers or icons (see the documentation below).
Made a mistake and uploaded it twice(it is the same file though).
Happy New Year to you all and thanks for your support!

w000000000000000000t~!!!!

thanks_animated.gif
Keefers_HappyNewYear107.gif

I've just finished trying it all out. 10 out of 10. A superb alt front-end.
Looks good, touch screen works like a charm (touch the actual icons, people), easy to use, and neat little package overall.
You've listened to all the suggestions in your thread. There are soooooooo many new options and it's now very convenient to use.
I'll never go back to anything else!!! :D
Worth waiting for!!! :)

You're doing an awesome job! Keep up the good work, chp. Cheers. B) :wiz:

Here's the link to it...
http://dl.openhandhe...i?0,0,0,0,7,286

Great start to a new year for Wiz owners chp, thank you very much.

EDIT:
Marvelous work, I'm very impressed with the latest version! You know the gold skin? I kind of did that myself as a test with your last version - very negative ha ha! Just a small suggestion, the clock is always displayed as in 12hour am/pm, for example 03:15pm - I'd prefer 24 hour clock so it would be 15:15 (no am/pm) but when showing in 12 hour clock 03:15pm should really just be 3:15pm. It's a really small thing, and it's also wrong in the GPH frontend, but if you can change the format of the clock to either show correct 12 hour format or better still 24 hour clock time it'd look really professional!

Yeah - HAPPY NEW YEAR

Great job , this Frontend is going to be the best for WIZ.

Thanks very much...

Ah little bug:

The names of the icons in third line of a window goes over the bottom line...
Just have a look at this

:lol:

This is an updater which installs the links of GP Media Player
and GP Calibrater into the apps folder of WIN2X 1.10 !
Unrar files to root of sd and start installer.
Installs into nand directly without any risk.
Only for use with ready installed Win2X in nand.

http://rapidshare.de/files/48926123/update.rar.html

milkawax said:
This is an updater which installs the links of GP Media Player
and GP Calibrater into the apps folder of WIN2X 1.10 !
Unrar files to root of sd and start installer.
Installs into nand directly without any risk.
Only for use with ready installed Win2X in nand.

Thanks for the bug Milkawax!I updated a fix version to that(1.1.1) to the archive.
The GP Media Player is already embedded in Win2X so no need for a link file.And about ts_calibrate,it won't work unless you have previously ran
either the original frontend or GP Media Player...Guess has something to do with library initialization...

[/quote]
Thanks for the bug Milkawax!I updated a fix version to that(1.1.1) to the archive.
The GP Media Player is already embedded in Win2X so no need for a link file.And about ts_calibrate,it won't work unless you have previously ran
either the original frontend or GP Media Player...Guess has something to do with library initialization...
[/quote]

OK , seen that already hehe , but i wanted the media player in apps folder
so i've done that. But no prob , user can select if he wants or not.

Thanks for the fix , that was really fast.

Have had little probs to update my link files to 1.10.
They won't work in the new version, and it seems that
there were no changes in lk files but for now i found
that there was 1 line more in it so i've updated my lk files
and they work hehe.

Have had to much links in Win2x to select them new with browser.

thanks a lot

Bravo! I'm loving this new frontend, very cool!

I had a couple of quick suggestions after installing the new version:

1 - Expand the Link Text display area at the bottom pane of the windows. If the right hand side of the gray area isn't being used for anything, maybe expand the number of viewable characters in that area so that files with longer names are more viewable.

2 - Add a couple pixels of space between the Battery Charge icon and the Clock text, might make it more visually appealing.

3 - If not too complex, maybe add the ability to have a few windows open at the same time, with an icon on the task bar for each window.

4 - I encounter an odd visual artifact when powering-up my Wiz. After the initial "Wiz...Now Loading" screen, just before the desktop loads, for maybe a split second, the "Wiz" logo appears, but it's rotated horizontally and pixilated and replicated on the screen. Sorry if that was difficult to describe. This disappears and the Win2x front-end loads without issue, but for a second I thought I had fried my Wiz, haha.

That's all I can think of right now, but they aren't major issues, and I'm pleased to say I haven't come across a single bug yet! And that new sidebar is pretty sweet! Hands-down this is the neatest thing I've seen built for the Wiz.

Great update and great improve. Thank you for your work chp.

Two comments: The zx emulator doesn´t, not with the old version nor the latest one. Is there any way to put a link in the desktop for the default mp3 player?

Thank you again and happy new year for everybody.

kart_racer3 said:
Bravo! I'm loving this new frontend, very cool!

I had a couple of quick suggestions after installing the new version:

1 - Expand the Link Text display area at the bottom pane of the windows. If the right hand side of the gray area isn't being used for anything, maybe expand the number of viewable characters in that area so that files with longer names are more viewable.

2 - Add a couple pixels of space between the Battery Charge icon and the Clock text, might make it more visually appealing.

3 - If not too complex, maybe add the ability to have a few windows open at the same time, with an icon on the task bar for each window.

4 - I encounter an odd visual artifact when powering-up my Wiz. After the initial "Wiz...Now Loading" screen, just before the desktop loads, for maybe a split second, the "Wiz" logo appears, but it's rotated horizontally and pixilated and replicated on the screen. Sorry if that was difficult to describe. This disappears and the Win2x front-end loads without issue, but for a second I thought I had fried my Wiz, haha.

That's all I can think of right now, but they aren't major issues, and I'm pleased to say I haven't come across a single bug yet! And that new sidebar is pretty sweet! Hands-down this is the neatest thing I've seen built for the Wiz.
Thank you very much kart_racer3 and Happy New Year!About your arguments now...
1.The right area of the panel is used for links discription..But if the users community decide that it is useless then I can expand it for sure...
2.You are right and I'll do it...
3.It is not a matter of complexity...But more open windows means more RAM and especially more CPU cycles,resulting in less battery and maybe in some cases slowdown...
4.The odd visual atrifact is because of the framebuffer rotation.The original uses 320x240 on boot which is slower.Win2X uses 240x320 and the intermediate time that the rotation takes place is the odd visual you see...In other words it is absolutely normal...
Anyway,I'm glad you liked Win2X and for supporting it!

raindog said:

Two comments: The zx emulator doesn´t, not with the old version nor the latest one. Is there any way to put a link in the desktop for the default mp3 player?

Some programs are reported not to work or cause problems(like ZX you mentioned).I will make some tests to find out the reason when I have more time.
Thanks for reporting this.
Yes.You can download Milkawax's link file for the Media Player and put a link of it to the desktop...

klikklak said:
Theres theme support, but is there already another theme for it? I'd rather not run a blue and white theme because of the screen.
Yes.I have already implemented the Gold theme(which consists mostly on black and red colors) and it is quite friendly for the screen.
In the future I will implement more themes and even thinking of making a "theme creator" application...

chp said:
raindog said:

Some programs are reported not to work or cause problems(like ZX you mentioned).I will make some tests to find out the reason when I have more time.
Thanks for reporting this.
Yes.You can download Milkawax's link file for the Media Player and put a link of it to the desktop...
Thank you for the information, anyway the new version of Gmu player supports screensaver wich I was after. :D

Hey chp

There's no 1.1.1 at file archives.

Thought i've seen it but there is 2 x 1.1.0 online there.

:rolleyes:

milkawax said:
Hey chp

There's no 1.1.1 at file archives.

Thought i've seen it but there is 2 x 1.1.0 online there.

:rolleyes:

I think he meant "Next Version", which will be 1.1.1...
-DEJ

TitanUranus said:
Great start to a new year for Wiz owners chp, thank you very much.

EDIT:
Marvelous work, I'm very impressed with the latest version! You know the gold skin? I kind of did that myself as a test with your last version - very negative ha ha! Just a small suggestion, the clock is always displayed as in 12hour am/pm, for example 03:15pm - I'd prefer 24 hour clock so it would be 15:15 (no am/pm) but when showing in 12 hour clock 03:15pm should really just be 3:15pm. It's a really small thing, and it's also wrong in the GPH frontend, but if you can change the format of the clock to either show correct 12 hour format or better still 24 hour clock time it'd look really professional!
Thank you Titan!You are right and I'll fix the clock in the next update though...

Back