Win Uae Amiga Emulator

draziw77

Still Fresh
Wow talk about high frustration levels trying to get this working. Can someone please do a step by step of how to use this. I have adf and I also tried copying unzipped adf files to roms folder but still dont know how to kick it off. Whenever I load a game and pick one i just get a black screen. So please if you respond make it uber noob friendly for the amiga setup. Thanks....
-Scott

Have you downloaded the correct kickstart files and placed them in the "kickstarts" folder within the UAE folder?

UAE4Wiz accepts three different Amiga kickstarts - 1.3, 2.0 and 3.1 - these are pretty easy to obtain if you want the BIOS, then goto an EMU place that sounds like PARADISE. Just google it.

Ensure that your .ADF files are in the "roms" folder. Choose your game with the "Select Image Disk (L)" with B, then use the "Run" option.

I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but ensure that your UAE folder is in the game folder on your SD card. Worked first time for me.

iprice said:
Have you downloaded the correct kickstart files and placed them in the "kickstarts" folder within the UAE folder?

UAE4Wiz accepts three different Amiga kickstarts - 1.3, 2.0 and 3.1 - these are pretty easy to obtain if you want the BIOS, then goto an EMU place that sounds like PARADISE. Just google it.

Ensure that your .ADF files are in the "roms" folder. Choose your game with the "Select Image Disk (L)" with B, then use the "Run" option.

I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but ensure that your UAE folder is in the game folder on your SD card. Worked first time for me.

I successfully get the emulator running (I have a few bios's) but I do not know what file to select when loading rom. dat? bin? When i select them I just get a black screen and after about 20min i just turn off the wiz. :( Unless I am using a game that is not playable. I have tried airborne ranger and the adventure of willy beamish so far but no luck with either. I have on my pc used the same adf files with win uae amiga emulator and they both worked fine so I know the .adf files are good...... Not quite sure how to proceed but thanks for responding :)
-Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
The game files should end in .ADF - I haven't tried any non .ADF images (like .ipf).

When you go into the file manager does it list all your .addf and .ipf disk images? If not, it looks like you've perhaps put your games in the wrong folder/directory. Selecting the file with B should then take you back to the main menu. You then need to select "RUN (Start)" then the game should work.

Uae4All supports packed files with .gz extension. You can use Total Commander for Windows to easily pack all your .adf files to save lots of space on SD card.

madtwinz said:
Uae4All supports packed files with .gz extension. You can use Total Commander for Windows to easily pack all your .adf files to save lots of space on SD card.

I guess i still haven't found the right bios.... I get a red flashing screen now after i kick off an .adf file but thanks for the suggestion on total commander once I get it working definately will
use that to save space :)
-Scott

Audi said:
Gee it's not that hard pm me and I'll email you the files.

Worked like a charm :) Thanks a ton man!
-Scott

draziw said:
Audi said:
Gee it's not that hard pm me and I'll email you the files.

Worked like a charm :) Thanks a ton man!
-Scott
OK, I have the emulator working with wb3.1. I can not however figure out how to have more than 1 adf file mounted at a time. To use 3.1 you need to have both the workbench disk and the extras disks in at the same time. As there is an option to have 4 drives, how is this accomplished? Also, does this emulator use hdf files?

Justin Casey Burns said:
OK, I have the emulator working with wb3.1. I can not however figure out how to have more than 1 adf file mounted at a time. To use 3.1 you need to have both the workbench disk and the extras disks in at the same time. As there is an option to have 4 drives, how is this accomplished? Also, does this emulator use hdf files?
Found my own answer. Here's how to select the drives when loading the adf files.
Highlight the adf file and press: B for DF0:, Y for DF1:, A for DF2:, X for DF3:

Also, you can choose between 1.3, 2.0 and 3.1 kickstart versions. Go to the options and under more options select the version you want to use, but to take effect it needs to reset the emulation. The kickstart roms must be put into "kickstarts" dir and called "kick13.rom", "kick20.rom", "kick31.rom". If the files are not there during the uae boot, the emulator will search for "kick.rom" in the main folder.

Not to sound like a troll, but the answers to your questions have been posted on this forum over and over again. Try using the advanced search feature.

Lol I had a pain with the kickstart roms too, the ones I use on my xbox didn't want to play ball, currently have 2.0 and 3.1 working

only thing I can't get Working is xenon 2 megablast, 2 disk version crashed on boot - 1 disk one crashed on entering shop.

Can get moonstone to work yet either still damn amazing how well it runs on the wiz

Damian IW said:
Lol I had a pain with the kickstart roms too, the ones I use on my xbox didn't want to play ball, currently have 2.0 and 3.1 working

only thing I can't get Working is xenon 2 megablast, 2 disk version crashed on boot - 1 disk one crashed on entering shop.

Can get moonstone to work yet either still damn amazing how well it runs on the wiz

Ok got my 1.3 kickstart rom to work, had to take the 256k rom and use the copy cmd to append it to itself and make a 512kb rom, read it on here somewhere.

Just like the real thing 1.3 runs a lot more than the others :) I remember being lucky getting my A500 just before the plus was released!

Megablast now runs like a dream, and moonstone is working - happy chap!

Amiga looks great on the Wiz screen, all we need now is a save state option :)

Damian IW said:
Damian IW said:

Ok got my 1.3 kickstart rom to work, had to take the 256k rom and use the copy cmd to append it to itself and make a 512kb rom, read it on here somewhere.

Just like the real thing 1.3 runs a lot more than the others :) I remember being lucky getting my A500 just before the plus was released!

LTStone said:
Amiga looks great on the Wiz screen, all we need now is a save state option :)

Damian IW said:
Damian IW said:

I noticed WinUAE is one of the emulators which improves considerably if you use a pollux script to boost the CPU/RAM/screen timings. I guess the barebones program doesn't have the RAM tweaks, it also doesn't remember the CPU overclocking using the menu so the pollux script is highly recommended.

trickytree said:
I noticed WinUAE is one of the emulators which improves considerably if you use a pollux script to boost the CPU/RAM/screen timings. I guess the barebones program doesn't have the RAM tweaks, it also doesn't remember the CPU overclocking using the menu so the pollux script is highly recommended.

Thanks I'm new to the wiz so will have to investigate this - now hoping with tweaks lotus esprit turbo challenge will work better :)

I meant UAE4ALL, not WinUAE of course - not sure how WinUAE would work on the Wiz. :)

For the pollux script, get the pollux_set file from the Openhandhelds Wiz archive, then create a text file using Notepad++ (or any text editor that has Unix line endings - standard Notepad won't work).

Add this to the text file:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

./pollux_set 'lcd_timings=397,1,37,277,341,0,17,337;dpc_clkdiv0=9;cpuclk=800;ram_timings=2,9,4,1,1,1,1'
./uae4all.gpe

./pollux_set 'lcd_timings=397,1,37,277,341,0,17,337;dpc_clkdiv0=9;cpuclk=533;ram_timings=2,9,4,1,1,1,1'
cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

then save that as 'pollux.gpe' in the same folder as uae4all (change the cpuclk= to whatever you want to overclock to). Also copy the pollux_set file to the same directory. Run the pollux.gpe instead of the uae4all.gpe and you should get improved performance.

Wow, Thanks, this helps me understand the pollux feature, I want to see I can make a script to make tv-out work on FBA or Vice, do you think it might work?

trickytree said:
I meant UAE4ALL, not WinUAE of course - not sure how WinUAE would work on the Wiz. :)

For the pollux script, get the pollux_set file from the Openhandhelds Wiz archive, then create a text file using Notepad++ (or any text editor that has Unix line endings - standard Notepad won't work).

Add this to the text file:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

./pollux_set 'lcd_timings=397,1,37,277,341,0,17,337;dpc_clkdiv0=9;cpuclk=800;ram_timings=2,9,4,1,1,1,1'
./uae4all.gpe

./pollux_set 'lcd_timings=397,1,37,277,341,0,17,337;dpc_clkdiv0=9;cpuclk=533;ram_timings=2,9,4,1,1,1,1'
cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

then save that as 'pollux.gpe' in the same folder as uae4all (change the cpuclk= to whatever you want to overclock to). Also copy the pollux_set file to the same directory. Run the pollux.gpe instead of the uae4all.gpe and you should get improved performance.

I've not tried to do TV-out on the Wiz, there should already be topics for that though.

Forgot to say to get the r1 version of the pollux set, there's 2 versions.
Direct link:
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,8,154

Back