Will You Be Able To Buy A Replacement Parts?

CokeCanNinja

Still Fresh
I was just wondering if replacement parts will be available? Like, what if you lose your stylus? Will you be able to get a new one without having to wait a long time or get a new system? What about batteries?

mali said:
The OPT said so, yes :)
That's clever, distinguishes OpenPandora from Original Poster. I think I'll use that acronym from now on, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ It happens sometimes. I just edit my post and include the quote then. Quoting someone who's post is directly above looks weird, imo.

mali said:
^ It happens sometimes. I just edit my post and include the quote then. Quoting someone who's post is directly above looks weird, imo.
No it doesn't :rolleyes: :p

Vlynndar said:
mali said:
No it doesn't :rolleyes: :p
Oh yes, it does :D

Depends on whether you're quoting the first post or not.

Everyone reads the first post. It's still fresh in their memory. Quoting it in the next post isn't really necessary.

^ I know some quote-pyramid experts on these boards, but I won't mention names :p , who led me to think about the necessities of quoting in the first place. TMO automatically removes additional quotes, only the most recent quote makes it into the next post. NBR doesn't restrict quotes at all, that is really handy when you start a quotes thread, everything fits in the first post.

IMO it's n00b stuff to quote the post directly above you. It's even worse if you don't trim quote pyramids. It takes more time for every single reader to scroll past an unnecessary quote than it does for just one poster to check for new posts before submitting.

I always quote, but I usually trim it down to just the section I'm taking about.

While we're at it, why do people include notes about an edit when it was just spelling?
It probably takes longer to explain than the fix itself, and no one cares anyway!

CokeCanNinja said:
I was just wondering if replacement parts will be available? Like, what if you lose your stylus? Will you be able to get a new one without having to wait a long time or get a new system? What about batteries?

How would we know? It's been said before that the plan is to allow us to buy spare parts, but then again the plan was for us to get our Pandoras in December of '08! So who knows when spare parts will actually become available.

Aninhumer said:
I always quote, but I usually trim it down to just the section I'm taking about.

While we're at it, why do people include notes about an edit when it was just spelling?
It probably takes longer to explain than the fix itself, and no one cares anyway!
In some cases, it may come from having been on forums where making edits required giving a reason for them - I've come across this myself. In others, I suspect it's something like a learned habit from boards where there are "paranoid" types, where people might be accused of editing out something inflammatory even if the only reason they were editing was a typographical error. (I've stumbled across a couple of places like that during searches and the like. It genuinely boggles the mind. :lol:)

Aninhumer said:
For me, when I see someone with a post timestamp, and then an edit timestamp of a few minutes later, I wonder what exactly it was they changed. Did they have a change of heart and censor themselves? Did they reword to clarify their meaning? Or maybe it was simply a spelling error.
And then I think, if I'm thinking this about other peoples posts, it's not unreasonable to think that someone else out there thinks the same thing and appreciates being informed. It helps them, I don't feel like a hypocrite, and if I ever get curious about my own posts, I'll remember why.

Back