Will Production Ever Step Up A Gear?

Nation.A.List said:
Caine said:
hosant said:
Iorgy77 said:
When does OPT expect to have the first 1000 pandoras delivered to customers?

I understand October for the full 4000 but when will the first 1000 be out the door?

[Furious rant deleted]
October? Did someone actually said October? :(
If I recall correctly then Craig said he expected the first 1000 to ship or have shipped by the end of next week and the full 4000 to be finished by October.

We all know that Craig is an unrealistic optimist. So, with a little bit of luck, the first 1000 might ship by the end of July and number 4000 around Christmas.
@ caine
Thanks for knocking the only information offered by OPT, it's no wonder they rarely take the time to do it.

So which dates that Craig has offered us have been accurate? And given that information, why shouldn't we take the piss?

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where has this October date come from? I can't find any comments from the OPT members about October. Can someone post a link so I can read what I've obviously missed here please? Ta.

^ It's from the 2nd batch ordering info mail.

Hi,

You can now place a pre-order for the Second batch release of the
Pandora. The expected release date is October. It is possible that you
will get your Pandora sooner than this as there are a limited number
of places left in Batch 1.'

Ordering from Batch 2 is the only way to be guaranteed of receiving a
Pandora before Christmas.

Updates on the progress will be posted, as available, on our website
Developer Blog/Current Status and the Pandora forums at http://www.gp32x.de.

The Pandora includes a battery, power adaptor and stylus and has a 12
month warranty. It is built in England.

Please forward your full name and address, so we are able to generate
an order number for you. Payment is by credit card via Google
checkout. Other payment options are available on request - Bank
Transfer/Cheque/Money order.

Please confirm the items you wish to purchase and the shipping method
- if outside the UK. We will then forward a Google Checkout request
for payment.

Thanks
Debs

USD PRICE

Pandora - $349

Accessories:
TV Out - $21.99
Carry Case - $21.99
Battery - $30.99
Power Adaptor - $14.99
Stylus - $8.00
Dev Fund donation - $20

Air Mail shipping - $25
UPS 24/48 hr shipping - $49

UK GBP PRICE

Pandora - £279.99 (includes VAT)

Accessories:
TV Out - £14.99
Carry Case - £14.99
Battery - £21.99
Power Adaptor - £9.99
Stylus - £5.50
Dev Fund donation - £10

UPS/Special Delivery shipping £8.00 (UK)

EURO PRICE

Pandora - 340.99€ (includes VAT)

Accessories:
TV Out - 18.50€
Carry Case - 18.50€
Battery - 26.75€
Power Adaptor - 12.50€
Stylus - 6.70€
Dev Fund donation - 15.00€

Air Mail Shipping - 17.56€
UPS 24/48 Hr - 36.97€

carlgeorge said:
Where has this October date come from? I can't find any comments from the OPT members about October. Can someone post a link so I can read what I've obviously missed here please? Ta.

craigix said:
There isn't a counter but the full 4000 should be shipped by the start of October.

Speed will really ramp up in July now we have solved many of the initial teething issues.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54900-is-there-an-order-counter-or-somehting/page__p__884824__fromsearch__1&#entry884824

Nation.A.List said:
@ caine
Thanks for knocking the only information offered by OPT, it's no wonder they rarely take the time to do it.
You're welcome sir. Had I known you would appreciate it, then I would have done so much sooner ;)

Don't worry about Craig. He can handle a sarcastic jest. Besides, we should be allowed to flog the team every once in a while to get the frustration out, shouldn't we?

Caine said:
Besides, we should be allowed to flog the team every once in a while to get the frustration out, shouldn't we?

I refute that... and my position is this: All of you who seem to have some kind of bone to pick with the team over this "lack of production progress" are barking up the wrong tree. I'm trying my very very very hardest to not get all facetious and mean here, so this is the nicest way I can say it. CAN YOU NOT READ?!?!?? IT IS A WELL KNOWN FACT THAT THEY ONLY HAVE 1000 CASES AND WE ARE WAITING ON THE CHINESE FACTORY TO GIVE THEM THE REMAINING 3000 FOR THE FIRST BATCH!

*deep breath*

Ok... I think I can be normal now.

So really... unless you've worked in manufacturing as a process engineer or something similar to that, you shouldn't be making judgments about how "slow" you think their production progress has gone because they CAN'T go faster unless they have the necessary parts to build more Pandoras. Additionally, as ED has stated MANY times, they are IRONING OUT THE KINKS so that YOUR Pandora will be perfect. Would you rather get a one-nubber or one with sticky painted buttons? I think not, so why bitch and moan as if Craig and Co. are just lazing around in their barcaloungers doing nothing?

(the following is a joke... don't your panties in a twist if you're just some high school dropout)
Really, the biggest mistake the OP team made was selling these things to the general public. They should have made everyone go through a certification process to verify that they have at least an Associates in electrical engineering and 2+ years of experience working in manufacturing before being allowed to order a Pandora. Then instead of having pointless arguments about how they're not working fast enough, we could be having enthusiastic discussions about how exciting it is that production has started so quickly after R&D was finished.

Or maybe it should have been that you could only order if you could successfully solve Einstein's "who owns the fish" logic puzzle on your own... without the help of the internet.

mitosis said:
I refute that... and my position is this: All of you who seem to have some kind of bone to pick with the team over this "lack of production progress" are barking up the wrong tree.
In case you didn't get it, I was joking.

CAN YOU NOT READ?!?!?? IT IS A WELL KNOWN FACT THAT THEY ONLY HAVE 1000 CASES AND WE ARE WAITING ON THE CHINESE FACTORY TO GIVE THEM THE REMAINING 3000 FOR THE FIRST BATCH!

*deep breath*

Ok... I think I can be normal now.
See, gets the aggression out doesn't it. :)

If my Pandora is not shipped by the end of next week, this poor being takes the bullet.
kitten-and-gun.jpg

Caine said:
Nation.A.List said:
@ caine
You're welcome sir. Had I known you would appreciate it, then I would have done so much sooner ;)

Don't worry about Craig. He can handle a sarcastic jest. Besides, we should be allowed to flog the team every once in a while to get the frustration out, shouldn't we?
I'm not worried about Craig I'm worried about me and the others still waiting to get our Pandoras. @ approx 1700 in the queue I would like some crumb of information/guesstimate as to when i might get my Pandora. No news is NOT good news! I'd rather have a date given in good faith to hang on to, and then be dissapointed again if it didn't happen, than nothing to go on and just sit here in ignorance.

Of course people can make jokes but don't expect those who may be the butt of your joke/s to always appreciate them.

NB. flogging a dead horse won't make it run faster

Nation.A.List said:
Caine said:
Nation.A.List said:
@ caine

I'm not worried about Craig I'm worried about me and the others still waiting to get our Pandoras. @ approx 1700 in the queue I would like some crumb of information/guesstimate as to when i might get my Pandora. No news is NOT good news! I'd rather have a date given in good faith to hang on to, and then be dissapointed again if it didn't happen, than nothing to go on and just sit here in ignorance.

Of course people can make jokes but don't expect those who may be the butt of your joke/s to always appreciate them.

NB. flogging a dead horse won't make it run faster

If you're after a date, craig said they'd have the first batch done by october so expect it within the next 3 months'ish :)

@1700 ish, I sure hope it's earlier than October. If the end of the first batch runs into the second batch, it'll hardly feel like being a 'first batcher' was worth the wait.

Caine said:
mitosis said:
I refute that... and my position is this: All of you who seem to have some kind of bone to pick with the team over this "lack of production progress" are barking up the wrong tree.
In case you didn't get it, I was joking.

Oh yeah I knew YOU were joking... I was almost thinking about putting a disclaimer in there saying that none of that was really aimed at you. What you said was just a good launching point tho, all of the ranting I did was just for the benefit of the "general disgruntled" :D

I guess in the end, Team Pandora are just as bad at communication as GPH - the company which annoyed them so much in the first place.

SomeGuy99 said:
I guess in the end, Team Pandora are just as bad at communication as GPH - the company which annoyed them so much in the first place.

Everything we know that has been asked has been answered.
What kind of communication are you missing?

Should I look into my magical mirror into the future and tell you when you will get your Pandora?

Or maybe you could look up and tell us when all the companies that provide us with stuff will send the next batches. Then we could also tell you more.

We know that 400 boards will arrive next week, and we said that already... so... what kind of communication exactly are you missing?

Last edited:
Well imho it's not really information is missing, but more the enthusiastic build up of anticipation followed by a quick drop in solid information. A bit like this: things are going great... oh this is going to be fantastic... yes everything's on track... etc etc... well maybe possibly there is the possibility of you peeps to wait a little longer... and then OPT does its little dancing around the subject trick leaving us hanging in there. We kind of have to take a sledgehammer and beat any news out of you guys. At least that's how I experience it. Maybe I've missed some important announcements, so anyone feel free to correct me ;)

edit:
typos

Back