Will Gpsp Be Improved For Pandora?

Exophase said:
I'm trying to work on it now, for PC, then GP2X, then Pandora. It's hard getting really into it because I need to do some massive rewriting of various parts, but I have some good ideas (I hope).
Sounds pretty good.

Since you are on to this, do you think maybe that bug fixed version of Temper with soft scaling and sprite fixes you had done could be released? It sounded like it was good for a final release.

Thanks for all of the good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC said:
Exophase said:
I'm trying to work on it now, for PC, then GP2X, then Pandora. It's hard getting really into it because I need to do some massive rewriting of various parts, but I have some good ideas (I hope).
Sounds pretty good.

Since you are on to this, do you think maybe that bug fixed version of Temper with soft scaling and sprite fixes you had done could be released? It sounded like it was good for a final release.

Thanks for all of the good work.

Nah, I planned on keeping it to myself, I don't think it's worth releasing it. :B

(real answer: will release in a few days.. wait, sprite fixes? huh...)

PlopperZ said:
PoisonedV said:
Chip said:
EDIT: Nevermind. Too mean.
Awww... I can't remember word for word, but it was about killing exophase through brown nosing, no?

Colon Cancer I think.

It was meant in jest, but I realized after posting that it could be misinterpreted as something much worse, so I decided to self-edit. Thank you ever so much for letting it go and not dragging it out.

I know exactly how it would have felt when that guy screwed you over Exophase. I once ran an online tournament for DoD:S in Australia and we were in about round 2/3 when I found out the guy I was trusting to run the website and help with the tournament overall was telling other people what was going on and in particular the people we were having problems with which in turn just made the tournament collapse on itslef. Part of it was my fault, but it taught me to select the people to whom I am going to trust with important stuff carefully.

I had a 300 dollar prize for each person in the clan, it was a shame how it ended but I don't regret doing it; it was a good learning experience.

Exophase. I'm sure you don't need anyones validation, but I agree with removing it from GPL. I hope you GPL again one day, when you're no longer working on it.

Anyway, some people are just leeches. The higher you get, the more you attract.

I think the source code for Handy (Lynx emu) was GPL'ed only after the developer had done what he wanted with the emu and was ready to move on. This really worked out well because as we all know, Tuskenraider was able to pick it up and port it to GP32 and then GP2X. Maybe some time from now that scenario could work out for Exophase? In any event, I want to thank Exophase for sharing such an amazing emu with all of us!

I just used the GpSp for the first time this weekend and consequently played the 2X longer than I've done in ages. So congrats on an awesome emu, not sure how it needs improving but I suppose it is on frameskip 4 and stuff.

Anyway, I didn't spot it in the manual, so is there any way for it to 'remember' your configured joypad settings? I use the A button for Save State and the Y button for Load State and I turn off the FPS button too. But every time I load up I have to reinput it.

Personally I think the A and Y buttons make perfect sense as state saving buttons but there ya go!

Exophase said:
Nah, I planned on keeping it to myself, I don't think it's worth releasing it. :B

(real answer: will release in a few days.. wait, sprite fixes? huh...)
Sprite fixes - I mean the code you put in to remove the sprite per scan line limitation of the real hardware. Sorry to be vague, don't worry I didn't find a bug or anything :p

Back