Caanoo / WIZ Wifi4wiz Project

ulula

Still Fresh
I think that a shame that wiz has not a wifi chip build in.
Even if GPH plan to release a wifi adaptator, in the best case smell like we will wait 6 month or project canceled.

It look like that most of wifi chip are ralink model, so may be we can port ralink driver to use SDIO card.

i am not an expert on linux or GP2X, but if you think that project can't succeed due to some hardware limit or GPH restriction so please share your knowledge.

(sorry for my poor english)

ulula posted on May 26 2009 at 03:23 PM said:
I think that a shame that wiz has not a wifi chip build in.
Even if GPH plan to release a wifi adaptator, in the best case smell like we will wait 6 month or project canceled.
It look like that most of wifi chip are ralink model, so may be we can port ralink driver to use SDIO card.

i am not an expert on linux or GP2X, but if you think that project can't succeed due to some hardware limit or GPH restriction so please share your knowledge.

(sorry for my poor english)

The more realistic approach is to mod the usb host connection on the case and use a usb wifi adapter. This has already been proven on the gp2x.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle, do you know whether the USB host is working/implemented yet? (at least the software side?)

I dont know, I havnt tried anything on it. Some are saying usb isnt working, but that may be the usb otg.

so that means, nobody as try SDIO ?
if is the case i will search more documentation in this subject.
i had found sdio project, may be a good starting point.

usb wifi adapter seem not really pratical <_< .

Pickle posted on May 26 2009 at 08:43 PM) [quote="sbock posted on May 26 2009 at 04:42 PM said:
Pickle, do you know whether the USB host is working/implemented yet? (at least the software side?"]
I dont know, I havnt tried anything on it. Some are saying usb isnt working, but that may be the usb otg.[/quote]A lot of people are saying that USB OTG IS working (for file transfer at least) so I think it might be a problem with our BoB's.

If USB host is working then I think plugging in any old device should bring up something on dmesg. I'll try it later today.

Back