Wifi defective 7 day Pandoras

Dead1nside

Website
www.jonathanpritchard.com
I just came on here to express my disappointment a bit. Maybe it was me who should have read between the lines, but I put in a request to "swap" my preorder of almost two years now, to one of these defective wifi units which Craig recently advertised. Jacquelyn's just replied to me and said that I'll have to pay £60 or so more to get one. I don't really think that's fair for existing preorders, who ultimately are accepting a defective unit. For new orders, the discount on the Premium price is an attractive one. I just don't like that this wasn't made clear, hence Craig's mention of existing orders swapping and perhaps indeed some of the excitement. DId anybody else think this?

ED you're doing a great job, from your updates, with the business plan and setting up manufacturing in Germany, I really hope that goes well and that there will be further big announcements soon.

Yes, I thought this and woke up to see a similar reply from Jacqueline, and was similarly disappointed.

I was a first batcher and paid the premium price to get it sooner. I don't see the problem with paying the discounted premium price seeing as the unit doesn't have onboard wifi. If other first batchers had to pay to get a premium why would you get it scott free? Just a thought...

The price I recieved to upgrade is £80/ $122.99 :(

Even when not converted to my currency, that's a lot of money, and I'm not so sure that it's worth it :/

I didn't even get the mail, guess I wasn't fast enough or in the mix.

Anyways it would have made no sense for me to pay more for a lesser product. Getting a lesser product but getting it now instead of at an unclear moment in the not so very near future did seem like a reasonable trade off to me.

Oh well, it was nice to be able to see light at the end of the tunnel for a second there. :)

I was a first batcher and paid the premium price to get it sooner. I don't see the problem with paying the discounted premium price seeing as the unit doesn't have onboard wifi. If other first batchers had to pay to get a premium why would you get it scott free? Just a thought...

Like I said, maybe that was my naivety. I don't believe it was made clear in Craig's post, but after reading the title of it again, maybe I should have expected it. I also thought that it's a bit like the one-nub units, people who were happy to accept a defective unit got it exchanged for their preorder for no extra cost. The situation with delays from CC was similar back then too. So you see the difference is, you paid a premium for a supposedly guaranteed time period to receive your Pandora and a fully functioning unit. To a new order, this is a good deal, as the sacrifice of inbuilt wifi is not much and their only option is to pay the premium price, but I think to existing preorders who would have a fully functioning unit otherwise, this is actually a settlement. That is how I saw Craig's offer, whether mistakenly on my part or not. So, the situation saddens me. Thanks for your comments.

Considering every unit technically belonged to a preorderer in the first place, I can see why this would cause more grief. When OPT needed more money the idea of selling already paid for units out of order was accepted to help the company. It would make sense to satisfy preorders who wish to accept defective Wifi units as that would leave more fully functional units to sell later for a full premium price. No one paid extra to accept one nub units despite getting theirs earlier. Just a thought...

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyways it would have made no sense for me to pay more for a lesser product. Getting a lesser product but getting it now instead of at an unclear moment in the not so very near future did seem like a reasonable trade off to me.

Oh well, it was nice to be able to see light at the end of the tunnel for a second there. :)
yeah, i havent receive a reply either. guess i was too late too.

In your shoes I would reply to Jacqueline with a request for a refund. They really have gone above and beyond all previous levels of douchebaggery. I understand premium is premium but existing pre-orderers are some kind of absolute worthless scum not even deserving of defective units now are they?

In your shoes I would reply to Jacqueline with a request for a refund. They really have gone above and beyond all previous levels of douchebaggery. I understand premium is premium but existing pre-orderers are some kind of absolute worthless scum not even deserving of defective units now are they?

i was a bit disappointed too because i though it would have been free as the proposed unit was defective..

but i want to think (or at least hope so :) ) that it was a misunderstanding from my part. i don't think i can afford the unit right now, but i won't ask for a refund. The lady was always nice in her answers during this almost 3-years-old-very-sporadic exchange of email, so i don't feel like a worthless scum ;)

But after all, perhaps I'm completely delusional and naive :)

Big Kisses

Mac

Yes, I thought this and woke up to see a similar reply from Jacqueline, and was similarly disappointed.
What the hell. I bit the bullet and ponied it up since I wanted it now vs N Months™.

I made the mistake of looking at the premium price for the defective wifi units and thinking it was only a little more than I paid for the pre-order forgetting that it was non-inclusive of VAT, nonetheless I've forked out the £80-odd for the upgrade because I don't want to wait much longer for my pandora. Sure the internal wifi is defective but thats no biggie for me because wifi wasn't the selling point for me and its a problem solved by a usb dongle.

I'll be glad to retire my Nanonote from the daily commute and can't wait to get my hands on a pandora finally! :)

Well, I just got home checking my email and I was replied to. I will pay the additional cost cause like some other folks in here, I can't wait to get my boney fingers on this shiny precious.

skeletonhands_boys.png

Ok crap, how do I insert an image on this board?

Ok crap, how do I insert an image on this board?
Like this;

Code:
[img=http://www.bluemantshirts.com/images/bfs_slogans/finished/skeletonhands_boys.png]

;)

For the record, I have since received a mail from the always friendly Jacquelyn.

*edited for grammar

Back