Why The Huge Price Differences In Gp2x?

Last edited by a moderator:
chaos engineer posted on Oct 13 2006 at 10:13 AM said:
But Craig sells for $189 for Outside Europe. You have to compare this price with the Lik Sang and Play-Asia prices.

Could Craig please confirm this?
I did see that line below the gbp price, but I assumed it was an old exchange rate calculation. It is actually an independent price for non Europe purchases?

azazel82482 posted on Oct 13 2006 at 03:26 PM said:
chaos engineer posted on Oct 13 2006 at 10:13 AM said:
But Craig sells for $189 for Outside Europe. You have to compare this price with the Lik Sang and Play-Asia prices.

Could Craig please confirm this?
I did see that line below the gbp price, but I assumed it was an old exchange rate calculation. It is actually an independent price for non Europe purchases?

Errmm...
Taken directly from the site:

"$ 189.99 (Outside Europe)"

What else do you need to know? Outside Europe is always without VAT.

Last edited:
One of the reasons the british prices look so high is that the exchange rate is messed up at the moment. The pound is really strong and the dollar pretty weak. which is pretty shit cause I work remotely for an American company and see my paycheck getting smaller and smaller once I convert it over here :(

Shikaku posted on Oct 13 2006 at 01:13 PM said:
It used to be like 1.5 to 1.... now its almost 2 to 1 =(

Seems to be going in a cycle... It was 2 to 1 in December 2004/Jan 2005 when I was in London with my highschool marching band.

I always had a great deal of respect for the strong British economy. The fact that they always managed to keep their currency a whole heap ahead of the rest (US dollar, Euro, Mark, Franc, etc.) since whenever it is I started following it is a great sign of its stability.

- Alex

Which is why we're flat out rejecting the Euro. Take that, Europe.

Although, the strength of the economy doesn't stop the phrase "rip-off Britain" being incredibly accurate.

Lik sang is good. Ive bought from them 10000s of times and im actually in the uk but the gp2x.co.uk (gbax as they used to be) Have always put me off with there huge prices.

Back