Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tell my kids they can't go to college and buy a 800XT or 6800 Ultra

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dalto

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
So...I was given a copy of Doom 3 for my birthday. At first this seemed like a good thing. But then I couldn't help thinking that I wouldn't want my first Doom 3 experience to be on outdated hardware. After much soul searching I came up with a solution to my dilemna. I decided to buy a new video card. So I did a little research and selected the Gainward card based on the nVidia 6800.

Finally, after waiting for several decades(Two days), the card finally arrived and I quickly installed it in my PC. I thought to myself, now I can enjoy Doom as it was meant to be enjoyed. I turned on my PC and ARGGGG. What in all that is holy was that sound coming out of my PC. I quickly unplugged thinking perhaps a small duck had flown into my case when I wasn't looking and was trying to fight his was out.

But no, apparently it was just the two fans on my new video board. HOLY S(*T, these things are loud. I used to live by an airport and the airplanes weren't NEARLY this loud. Not only is it loud but it is fairly high pitched. Distressed, I decided to go to bed and come up with solution in the morning. I walked down the hall to my bedroom to go to bed. The damn card was so loud I couldn't sleep, I had to get out of bed and turn it off!

So, the next moring I decide I will just return it and get a different card, but wait, the store I bought it from has a 15% restocking fee. So, on a $300 card that's like $45.

I have no idea what to do next. Please help me!

Now for a non tech heads advice. Blow it, and get all the dust and shit out of your tower. If that doesn't work, sort of shake it and flick it a bit. Worked for many a console, why not the PC? :D

take the fan off... get some electrical cleaner and Spray it into the Fan... Now Put the fan back on :p

Whats the rest of your systems Specs?

lizard808uk posted on Aug 13 2004 at 06:03 PM said:
Strap two pillows either side of it with lots of duct tape (a nice floral print should work wonders)
DAMN! All I have are tiger striped ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, Send me your Old Card

Then Get Cinema Surround sound kit and turn it up full Blast and turn all lights off and play some God Damn DOOOM 3!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

can you get different drivers for it that would make the fan go slower
i'm not sure if that made sense...
i no you can change the xbox's bios to make its fan go slower

Back