Doom 3 Alpha

Steve-O

Doom 3 Alpha Ran for me, at 20 - 30 fps when running around, then dropped to 14 fps when a monster came on the screen... This seems quite good FPS for a ALPHA seen as its over 1 year old or something... And I had to use old 41.09 Det Drivers.

My System is -

AMD 1700+
512MB SD RAm
Geforce 4 Ti 4200 128mb

So It looks liek Doom 3 doesnt realy need a Big Spec System to run it at a nice speed :D

Phil posted on Jul 19 2004 at 08:39 PM said:
ummm, you may not realise it but doom3 alpha is illegal, and its messy for the boards.
Its not... theres a Forum that this guy said he was an Official Tester and he was told he was allowed to distribute it for a certain ammount of time. He Even Gave a Link to get it and the Admins said it was Legal.

How is it Messy for the Board? Theres no link or anything????...

Last edited by a moderator:
spray posted on Jul 19 2004 at 08:29 PM said:
your ram and vid card are a big boon i'm guessing.
maybe, but the Ram is Unbranded 512MB PC133 SDRam

and the Graphics card is only DX8

Im sure its illegal....

cos it was on the news or something like that.

and why is it called the "Leak" version then??

dusent that kinda mean stolen lol

Steve-O posted on Jul 19 2004 at 11:00 PM said:
Its not... theres a Forum that this guy said he was an Official Tester and he was told he was allowed to distribute it for a certain ammount of time. He Even Gave a Link to get it and the Admins said it was Legal.
Yes, and then the magic hobo took you to the land of Tinseltown and you gave him all of your money so he could build a fantastical boat made out of candy.

Where might you have got this, and I take it it is legal?

Yes it is legal i have permission, i am a official doom 3 alpha tester

Yes, but does that make you allowed to spread it?

i got permission to spread it for a limited amount of time

I don't think this is legal.

You know what? I think it is.

You know what else? HS343 doesn't spread leaked crap.

In conclusion: IT IS LEGAL.

Thats what the site says, ^^^^^

Also, I dotn think anyone would risk hosting it on there site if it was illegal

You are amusing me. 'i got permission to spread it for a limited amount of time' doesn't exactly sound professional. Please link me to a major news article (because Doom 3 being released in LEGAL alpha is BIG NEWS, considering there isn't even a demo yet). I'm sure Slashdot would have covered this...

steve-0s post = bullshit,

the "offical tester" is basicly saying, im sooo l33t i got doom3 b4 all youz n00bs, i can give it to you too if youz suck my ballz.

Back