Why did you buy your GP32?

Yeah I bought mine for console emulation, inparticuar the NES emu, although it wasnt very good when mine finally arrived, that all changed with LJ and I have since been playing through Mario 3... MP3 was a bonus, as is the fanastic GPEngine, anyone for pacland

1) Movies, Games & Videos on the go in a single front lit, hand held, unit for £150 nothing does it better, PDA's can do it but the controls suck and their too pricey.

2) Easy to code for.

3) The GP scene is great.

4) (Im not slamming the GBA i just brought an SP + 3 games yesterday and own a non SP unit as well !) But when you wake up in the morning, pick up your GBA its the same, nothing changes until you get a new game its still the same old, did what it did yesterday, GBA.

Wake up, switch on your PC, browse your fave' GP web sites and..... WOW, you find out today your GP movie player can squeeze out another 50% performance, Flawless NES emu is available. Next week you find it can do Genesis/MD Emu and so on.

The GP is evolving all the time it exciting being there to watch it grow. And knowing with a little coding knowledge you could be apart of that growth. Look at RTj a few months back we was just learning coding for the GP now he's got the first GP diskmag up and running, one guy & a little coding will probably make quite an impression on the GP scene.

The GP heralds a golden age of open source consoles, that sadly will never happen but its nice to be here while such a bright spark fails to ignite a flame of revolution.

NiN^_^NiN posted on Jul 23 2003 said:
So.. so you don't like your gp?

Yeah i like my gp32 just the emulation on it just doesn't feel right not speed wise or anything just cause its emulated to perfect for the screen same on the pc dont like it that much but i like it better with a gamepad.

:ph34r:
Are you saying that you don't like the emulation? Cause I am finding that the NES emulation development is going along quite fast, in May when i got my GP32 the NES emulation sucked, no sound and poor framerates, now you can play NES games in Little John and NesterGP at full speed and sound with only a frameskip of 1. Some games run perfect with no frameskip. If this continues at the current rate, the both these emulators will be perfect in no time.

I am just wondering why no one had made a Genesis emulator yet?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back