Anti-Aliasing; How does the Pandora do?

Nitrozzy7

Still Fresh
Hi there folks!

I've been interested in knowing how well Pandora does with Anti-Aliasing. And how "powerful" the Graphics chip is.

I'm asking this because I want to see if it can do Graphical Design and CAD.

Considering it can be plugged into an HDTV, I think I might have an extra use for it... Not anything serious of course... But it might just be useful in projecting saved 3D CAD files lets say on the go.

Any thoughts?

If you're asking if the graphics chip does full screen anti-aliasing like a Radeon or GeForce does, I don't think you're expecting a bit much. Although with full shader support thanks to GL/ES2 you might get some good results.

Also it's important to note that the Pandora does not output HD resolutions to the TV, but is limited to S-Video. It will look good, but not great for presenting 3D CAD files on the go. A laptop with a solid mobile video card would fare quite a bit better.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're asking if the graphics chip does full screen anti-aliasing like a Radeon or GeForce does, I don't think you're expecting a bit much. Although with full shader support thanks to GL/ES2 you might get some good results.

Also it's important to note that the Pandora does not output HD resolutions to the TV, but is limited to S-Video. It will look good, but not great for presenting 3D CAD files on the go. A laptop with a solid mobile video card would fare quite a bit better.
It sounds ok for the stuff I have in mind...

I'm thinking more about PS2 quality graphics... Really basic stuff. Like a gear or a cup. If I'm guessing correctly, I won't have any problems when rendering those simple stuff...

Btw, can it run Nexuis?

The SGX is supposed to do 4x MSAA at a pretty reasonable cost, I don't know if anyone has enabled it (or knows how to)

Back