Who's donating to developers?

I think most devs do it for fun and not for commercial reasons.

So if you want to buy them a beer for their work, thats fine, but most of them don't want to be bound by money on their projects.

As for me, I won't want anybody to donate for a port or project to get it better or something as it is a pure hobby of mine and I am not a professional. Not even a real coder. So I can't promise that I will have time to work on stuff or that I would even be able to reach a certain goal.

Some others, mainly professionals I guess might think different, but lets hear it from them.

Edit: I think its better to donate for the stuff, that is done and not for stuff that will be done in the future.

Completely agreed. I also think that it's what makes this project so attractive, you go to the forum and you see so much work done by the community...

I was just wondering - Imagine there's a port asked by some users, willing to pay for it, that you're not excited about? Would you go for it for some donations?

It's also a way to us, non devs, to say thanks and to actually bring useful into this. The donations, if you'd like as a developer, could be given to ED or Craig if you don't want them..

A good way to start 'devving' is to take a course in programming. It does help to learn some theory. Then once you have written a couple of programs for coursework, look for simple sdl game programming tutorials. It can be fun and educational to just begin by modifying someone else's simple game (like Sam Latinga's Invaders http://wiki.libsdl.org/moin.cgi/SDL1.2Tutorials )

It would also be cool/helpful if Pandora users could leave comments on installed games via a simple "comments" application. Might be a good idea for a project, yes?

It would also be cool/helpful if Pandora users could leave comments on installed games via a simple "comments" application. Might be a good idea for a project, yes?

This already exists: you can use PND Manager to leave ratings and comments on the repo.

Maybe it should be made a bit more user-friendly to do the repo login thing in PND Manager though.

Back