White Pandora On Ebay!

craigix said:
Normal Pandora on ebay being sold by one of the assembly team:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=130403529665&Category=62054&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1

I was wondering why this hadn't been snapped up immediately, but then it dawned on me...

...they clearly read the Daily Mail. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Polossatik said:
Now that I will have 2 pandora's (one shipped and one on order) I'm thinking of painting one for my girlfried..
Anyone any idea what paint should be best to use? (no tippex.. got that)
Spray paint for cars or better have a look at the hobby/model shop?

Paint it with your own spunk, get your girlfriend to help you with this, it'll be more fun. Then when it stops working just tipex the whole case and flog it on ebay as an exlusive "white pandora" to some poor sap that has more money than brains - I think that's what the guy who's put this one on ebay has done already.

craigix said:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=130403529665&Category=62054&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1

You really do need to question what this guys place in the whole ordering process was - I bet it was high - you will be told its lower

Its not fair on those of us who have waited patiently and have now given up

Prometheus said:
Gruso said:
Sweet jesus, looks like he used the same paint he did the back fence with. And the same brush.
uglyds.jpg

throw-up.gif

Guys... It's not that bad. I mean, it needs a bit of love, perhaps some cleaning up, but I think if the seller were to polish it up a little (and drop the price!), hey. I think it could use a glossy coat.

Well, the idea is more that the seller is either trying to scam people or try to make a quick buck by not putting much money in to their gimmick. The whole thing could just be a bad photoshop job. :p

Hi,I have a pandora for sale on e-bay right now if anybodys interested.It is brand new,unused and fully working.Take a look.e-bay link pandora
(edit)I bought this on e-bay as new.Hence the high price.It is 100 euros less than what i payed on ebay.

wrath of khan said:
Hi,I have a pandora for sale on e-bay right now if anybodys interested.It is brand new,unused and fully working.Take a look.e-bay link pandora
(edit)I bought this on e-bay as new.Hence the high price.It is 100 euros less than what i payed on ebay.
So you spend your time and money making things cheaper for ebay buyers? You wouldn't happen to work for Walmart's marketing department, would you?

Also, that DS reminds me of the Flintstones.

The auction is wrong though: this isn't the only white Pandora. There's the CNC prototype. Now THAT is a white Pandora I would spend a stupid amount of money on!

Eniko said:
I still want mine in hot pink. :(
Me too. :(

People keep PMing me to ask if this is mine. It is not. :lol:

It belongs to a member/friend on my modding forum, forums.modretro.com. I would say who it is, but I do not want to embarrass him. :p That eBay account was mine until about two years ago, I quit eBay when they raised seller fees. This particular guy wanted to start selling on eBay with his mom or something, so I let him take over my account rather than having to start from scratch (I had 98% feedback or so).

He painted this, threw me an email asking if I would post it here, since I have a decent number of posts, and I obliged with. Unfortunately, this thing looks like shit. :p After interrogating him for a little, looks like he used Krylon Fusion paint (Which is perfect for plastics like this)... Then sprayed on some other brand of clearcoat that was not compatible with the paint, "melted" the white a bit.

I gave him a stern chewing out (He is barely 16) for taking advantage of my trust and making a misleading auction, and told him he better cancel the auction. Already had bids, so he could not, I used my account to Buy It Now and had him cancel the payment.

Bleh, I got him to take some closer up pics of the damage, he might send me the case to try and salvage. :facepalm: A nicely done white Pandora might be nice! I am going to be painting mine two tone black and silver, make sure to mask off all the areas that have physical friction on them like the hinge, paint the rest silver. Probably going to use my automotive airbrush with some low density paint so that it retains the same finish.

craigix said:

Daily Mail...?

That'll be a Tory Pandora then. If it screws up it will either blame Gordon Brown, immigrants or single parent families :)

palmertech said:
I gave him a stern chewing out (He is barely 16) for taking advantage of my trust and making a misleading auction, and told him he better cancel the auction. Already had bids, so he could not, I used my account to Buy It Now and had him cancel the payment.

At first I was thinking "why did he hand a good profile to a stranger" and then when I saw how you cleaned up the mess made, I felt a lot better. Congratulations on taking control of the situation like you did. :)

well the white pandora is the one for me,i already have a pro ready to paint mine proper but i want my pandora repaired or replaced first as my left nub is fucked but once i get my pandora sorted out im going for white like that ebay one only with a much nicer finish,i might get some stuff done to it but it would take away the standard design so mabe just plain white with the usual trimmings and a nice finish.

I have just received this unit from Palmer.
The paint job is not as bad as the pictures make it look.
I will be completely redoing it though (getting a replacement case for later on)
Metallic purple and Metallic blue :p
I was wondering if someone knew if I am able to get a replacement sticker with the same info as the one it has now.

Any questions?

palmertech said:
Bo can fix it, have faith in him. ;)
How's the Macbook?
And the other stuff will be shipped saturday hopefully :D
Also a new MBP battery I ordered will be shipped to you once it arrives.

Will we get to see the Pandora once it has its new paint-job? I'm very curious to see how it turns out. :)

Back