White-On-White Fields With A Black Theme

urjaman

"I Know. We're going for a ride."
Website
urja.dev
All the single-line text fields in the forum have a forced white background,
and for me with a dark GTK theme (white on black) that has normally black text fields with white text,
these forced-white text fields become white on white text fields. This problem is on the login page,
on the search field and on the topic title and description. Why not just use normal fields?

trooper said:
Are you using Opera btw ?.

Trooper
At the moment of that post i was usin Arch Linux + XFCE + xfce-dawn or dusk (the black one, cant remember which now) theme + firefox, default skin.
Now i'm using opera mini on a nokia 6630. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, The reason why i asked, Is that i have installed a couple of different versions of Opera 10 beta.

opera-static_10.00.4458.gcc4.qt3_i386.deb 29-Jun-2009 20:48 13M
opera_10.00.4458.gcc3.qt3_i386.deb 29-Jun-2009 21:53 11M
opera_10.00.4458.gcc4.qt3_i386.deb 29-Jun-2009 20:52 11M
opera_10.00.4458.gcc4.qt4_i386.deb 29-Jun-2009 20:51 11M <-- This one

After trying all those above, The only one that gave me problems (when using a black theme in opera), Was the version that was compiled for qt4, Which suffered from interface problems, Ie, Inverse colour text boxes (white text on black background) which looks horrendous and were difficult to read at best. Over at the Opera forums, This is a known problem with colour in qt4 compiled versions, As apparently the colours are hard-coded in the qt4 (interface library ?), But are fine in qt3.

Not sure how this affect Firefox or GTK, But i thought i`d throw it out there.

Trooper

Squidge said:
Don't forget that decent web browsers such as Firefox allow you to override the css for a webpage :)

Now at work, will check when i get home (on the override that is), but here's the "faulty" piece of CSS:
.input_text {
background: #fff url(http://www.gp32x.de/board/public/style_images/master/input_text.png) repeat-x;
font-size: 0.9em;
font-family: arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;
border: 1px solid #9f9f9f;
padding: 2px;
}

Either:
a) remove the background:... line
B) add "color: black;" line

Opion a will allow people's choice of colors in input text boxes, b will force the board style, but atleast it will work.

I plan to add an override to my firefox with background: black, color: white when i get home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back