While Waiting... What Would You Like To See?

classic controller to usb adapter anyone? :p

there is one, but its 2x controllers to a dongle, not fun.

I'd want a more, retrousb thing

I would love to see someplace with an updated quick summary of progress, updated when a shipment is sent out.
Maybe
Number of units shipped to date,
number of units received RMA

Also, I would like a video of you hacking a bank machine with it :)

chame said:
I recomend to remove some programs, like [snip], the notepad (there is already an advanced text editor)
And where does that leave those of us who use Mousepad all the time and don't ever touch Abiword, exactly? ;) Basic text editors are *very* useful (and very small), I wouldn't recommend removing them.

Why on Earth would you favour removing a system utility (Mousepad is part of a base Xfce installation), over Abiword (which I'm fairly sure is larger)? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Sphinxter said:
Their sales numbers tell a different story.
Their usefulness tell a different story.

However, I too would like to see them working. I'd like to order the tv out cables some time, and being able to plug the pandora to the tv and use the wiimotes to play two player games, would rock real hard.

The main problem of Classic Controller is that there are really cheap Gamecube controller clone everywhere.
The second problem is that some Wii owners already had Gamecube, so they just swapped the controllers from the old one to the new one.

That said I'm going to own my first Sega Console! It's going to be strange having a Genesis gamepad in my hands. :huh:
I hope I'll have money to re-buy a NES and a SNES soon…

KodeIn said:
That said I'm going to own my first Sega Console! It's going to be strange having a Genesis gamepad in my hands. :huh:
I hope I'll have money to re-buy a NES and a SNES soon…

How much are you spending on consoles? I picked up my last Genesis for $8. I got an SNES with several controllers and games (including Super Mario World and Super Mario All-Stars) for $1. Not typical, but it suggests where the market is.

WizardStan said:
3D acceleration: anything that uses OpenGL(ES), which is pretty much everything that is 3D now. There isn't some switch that can be flipped on and off: either the program makes openGL calls which uses the hardware, or it draws to a flat surface in software; it's entirely up to the program to make these choices. I don't think any of the 3D games that are available even have a software rendering mode. Maybe the Doom engines do, but they hardly exemplify a good benchmark. But the Quake games and Mupen64 are all using the 3D hardware, at least.
You could do 2D rendering in hardware using textures quads(made up of 2 tris) rendered in an orthographic projection in OpenGL. In thoery it's quite simple to do, however I don't know if the functions exist in ES. Will have to look that up...

Edit: Looked up, simply calling glOrtho() with paramerters; 0, 800, 0, 480, near clip limit,far clip limit (after opening a fullscreen window) would set up a 1:1 (pixels to OpenGL units) projection for 2D rendering in hardware. This set up would also allow real parallax scrolling o be done by simply drawing background layers further away.

I'd like to know if the google talk widget plugin is compatible with the Pandora. If so, I'd like to see someone make a call with the Pandora.

Oh my, you are so clever. The idea of having less delays is brilliant, why hasn't anybody thought of it before? Well now that this has been brought to attention, i am sure the OPT will forego having more delays.

Iorgy77 said:
Less delays, more actual progress and a team that supports the community that supported them for the last two years.

I wonder how I can put that into a video :eek:

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Iorgy77 said:
Less delays, more actual progress and a team that supports the community that supported them for the last two years.

I wonder how I can put that into a video :eek:

Put Psycho Pinball in dosbox or The 7th guest in scummvm :D

I'd love to see Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon run in Dosbox. Or a similar FMV Adventure for that matter.

The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Serrated Scalpel in Dosbox, I still have it on Floppies with original packaging, awesome adventure game for its time. AFAIK not supported by ScummVM despite requests. Too few I reckon.

+1 for a USB 3G stick working, if you can get your hands on one. Thanks for showing tethering to your Sony btw.

Ultima Underworld maybe

Would love to see some Goldeneye gameplay, eventually would be a m a z i n g to see Wolfenstein ET. Don't know how old school games would run but, games like Warcarft 2, Worms (I think there was a PS1 or n64 edition), F22-Lightning, and Dink smallwood. Also would be cool to see if anyone has found a way to do TV out using USB (USB - VGA, USB - RCA, USB - HDMI, or something like that) And Skype w/ webcam would be cool to see.

Cjduble said:
Worms (I think there was a PS1 or n64 edition)
And the original Amiga version, and the SNES, Mega Drive, Game Boy, MS-DOS, and so on and so on, versions... It was ported to just about everything at the time. ;)

Back