While Waiting... What Would You Like To See?

Tempel said:
ED, quick question:
The video always shows the TV displaying exactly what is on the Pandora's screen. Can the TV out act as a second desktop? IE, can the screen and TV out be made to display different things?

I think I heard that they can, but I don't really remember.

Should be possible, as those are two different overlays.

ThaDSman said:
I've been wanting to see Super Mario All-stars, (Mario 3, Mario World in particular) running on the Pandora scaled to fit the pandora screen in its entirety if thats possible.
I've been wanting to see that for a while now but didn't want to bother anyone, but since you offered, Can you please include that in it?
Oya another nice few things I would like to see, GameBoy Color emulation, running pokemon silver or crystal, and the original mario VS donkeykong, I believe it was called "Donkey Kong"
also at full screen scaled to cover most of Pandora screen
GBA emulation if possible running Legend of Zelda The Minish cap/Four swords

Not sure if GB / GBA has stretching included yet, but SNES has. Looks ugly though (FAT Mario mode :))

Last edited:
Wow. This video has really made my mouth water...

With reference to Workbench on the Amiga emulator using P-UAE, does linux UAE even allow the mounting of HDF (Hard drive files)?
I've been wanting to use this for a while on my arcade machine...

Keep 'em coming Ed - I think Videos like these really get people excited/enthused again!

Tempel said:
ED, quick question:
The video always shows the TV displaying exactly what is on the Pandora's screen. Can the TV out act as a second desktop? IE, can the screen and TV out be made to display different things?

They're supposed to be able to. I as well cast my vote, again, to see two things being displayed, even if they don't quite work combined properly.
A video playing on the TV and web browser or text editor open on the Pandora would be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
TV-Out-Show-Off-Video (with some of the games you wanted to see in this thread) coming up in half an hour.

Sorry, no PandoraPanic yet... somehow, I didn't have that on my SD Card (no idea how that happened)

lol @ E.T.

I'm so glad I'll be able to play this awesome game on my Pandora and not have to mess with my Activision + Atari module anymore for my everyday E.T. gaming sessions. </s>

:D

I just had a chance to watch the video. I was not only amused to see E.T., but also amused to see that ED knows how to play it properly. :)

The TV-out looks fantastic - I'm *really* looking forward to when those cables ship (and I'm really looking forward to TV-out multi-player gaming, too).

Looks geats !

I'd really like to see a 2 players game on usb gamepads with tv-out.

[music]
I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it.
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.
I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it.
And I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I want you, I want you.
[/music]

JeanLouSchmidt said:
Looks geats !

I'd really like to see a 2 players game on usb gamepads with tv-out.

I'll try to do that - but I lack of USB Gamepads, as I'm only a console player :)
Tryting to get some though.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
CAZMIESTER said:
hi! is there any way you could show some more mame ie ap batrider darius gaiden cyvern to see how this great little gadget handles higher end emulation cheers

Yep, but I first have to setup MAME.
Didn't have that on my SD card - I'm more an Amiga and classic console gamer than an arcade player :)
cheers m8 its just a bit annoying when you see mame emulation and its always the same games either cps1 & 2 neogeo these systems are great dont get me wrong but its well documented that they are well emulated on lower hardware than the pandora ie psp dingoo gp2x etc it was just too see how far the pandora can go with said games and some arcade hardware is vastly superior to these systems keep up the great work luv the vids and blog entries cant wait too order this little device (pity windows xp doesnt work on arm processors>

banjeed said:
By far the number one thing I want to see is for someone to show me navigating a smb share, selecting a video, and it playing back fullspeed. Anyone tried this?

I've done this (using a usb to ethernet adapter, since wifi is slow with my router). You can mount your shares using Gigolo, but you'll need to follow this to get it working: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54438-gigolo-is-just-broken/page__view__findpost__p__889527

Even over the wired connection, gmplayer seems to choke, but vlc plays just fine.

EvilDragon said:
Tempel said:
ED, quick question:

Should be possible, as those are two different overlays.

ThaDSman said:
I've been wanting to see Super Mario All-stars, (Mario 3, Mario World in particular) running on the Pandora scaled to fit the pandora screen in its entirety if thats possible.
I've been wanting to see that for a while now but didn't want to bother anyone, but since you offered, Can you please include that in it?
Oya another nice few things I would like to see, GameBoy Color emulation, running pokemon silver or crystal, and the original mario VS donkeykong, I believe it was called "Donkey Kong"
also at full screen scaled to cover most of Pandora screen
GBA emulation if possible running Legend of Zelda The Minish cap/Four swords

Not sure if GB / GBA has stretching included yet, but SNES has. Looks ugly though (FAT Mario mode :) )

lol, fatter Mario...well I guess normal size is ok...since bigger isn't better in this case.
Also I'm curious as to filters,do any of the emulators have video filters? like zsnes, and visual boy advance?

EvilDragon said:
While I can't do a video of the assembly line, I can certainly do one which shows all steps involved in assembly from the beginning to the end, including our testings, so you can see what your Pandora has to go through before you receive it :)

Nice idea.

Will also try and gather the games you mentioned here for videos.

ED - How about the 17 min video from MWeston showing the assembly?

Prometheus said:
I just had a chance to watch the video. I was not only amused to see E.T., but also amused to see that ED knows how to play it properly. :)

Well, I played it a lot when I was a child :)
I never understood why everyone thought it was crappy, I kinda liked it.

But then again, I knew all the levels out of my memory, so the bug that you instantly fall into a pit when moving to a different screen didn't affect me :D

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Prometheus said:

Well, I played it a lot when I was a child :)
I never understood why everyone thought it was crappy, I kinda liked it.

But then again, I knew all the levels out of my memory, so the bug that you instantly fall into a pit when moving to a different screen didn't affect me :D

Wow, Impressive. I guess you are the only person on this Planet that really can play this "game". :D I once seen this Game in a Review in GIGA-TV, they didn't even manage to find a way out of a pit. Jumping up the walls seems not to be the trick. ;)
However, I also remember the Rumour with the Millions of unsold, buried Atari games in the Mexican Dessert. :lol:

@ED - It's a fact that there are games far, far worse than E.T. out there. The internet phenomenon of "E.T. is the most terrible game ever!" is mostly bandwagon-jumping from folks who've never even laid eyes on it. :lol:

I've played it. I didn't think it was too bad - it's just not really my sort of game. (Though, I do like Adventure. That's why I tried E.T.. :) )

I think the most terrible game ever can be summed up in a single phrase: "kryptonite fog".

I don't know if this has been mentioned as I haven't checked through all the pages, but I wouldn't mind seeing a video of some multiplayer pandora action.
Specifically showing:

1) 2,3 or 4 players action on one pandora (Ninja turtles, Esp Rade, Streetfighter, Bomberman etc)
2) 2 or more pandoras having a multi player FPS battle.

emcee said:
I think the most terrible game ever can be summed up in a single phrase: "kryptonite fog".

I'm not sure E.T. or Superman 64 has any thing on Taxi Racer.

Back