Which Snes Emualtor Is The Best To Get.....

Everyone needs to stop fighting so we can fight the real enemy. The PSP.

I think I speak for 100% of the non-retarded people on this forum when I say.......

FUCK THE PSP!

Agree. FUCK the PSP.

I make sure to display my GP2X wherever i see possible gamers, and when asked 'oh, is that a PSP?' explain the very large differences (and be sure to show em a movie clip and a couple emus :) )

DaveC, just shut up, seriously. You are providing 0 benefit with your whining and if I was Reese, Squidge, Peopone etc after reading your spew the last thing i'd be motivated to do is go code anything at all for the GP2X if it means you might use the results.

I personally hold more of a 'Fuck Sony' stance than a 'fuck the PSP' stance. The thing's got potential, but Sony's taking every step they can to lock it down. Quite the shame.

Ah well, no use crying over spilled PSP when there's a nice, tasty can of GP2X to drink. (yes I know this made absolutely no sense)

DaveC posted on Jul 3 2006 at 10:23 PM said:
Epicenter posted on Jul 3 2006 at 10:43 PM said:
And what's this about 'going to the Giz'? Reesy just updated SquidgeSNES recently. I don't see him devoting all his time and resources to a dead console made by the Swedish mafia. :p

Looks like it.

http://www.gizmondoforums.com/forums/index...mp;#entry101365

It seems zektor wanted to have a genesis emu on his shit giz so bad that he gave one to Reesy to get him away from GP2X stuff. So when you see no more updates that will be why. I guess he could care less about any of us here so he just fucked us all.

Again, you sir, are a prick. You have no concept or idea of support and emulation growing as a whole. Please design a cap large enough to plug your hole.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got this new MMU hack version working, and while it's the nicest SNES emulation has been on GP2X, it still has finnicky problems here and there. I just couldn't be bothered. Does anyone else ever get a feeling with these emulators that we're all striving to perfection for games we've played a shitload of times over the years and that the whole thing is a bit pointless and not worth the emphasis placed on it? I guess I'm just getting a bit bored with emulators. I'd love to see a lot of really good original games on GP2X, but I doubt that's going to happen. It might.

I'm not knocking the device. It's got a ton of potential and the idea is fantastic, just like the GP32. The scene is just a bit emulator-centric. Someone please tell me that I'm not the only one who's ever felt this way. :p

IntenseWage posted on Jul 4 2006 at 02:18 AM said:
I finally got this new MMU hack version working, and while it's the nicest SNES emulation has been on GP2X, it still has finnicky problems here and there. I just couldn't be bothered. Does anyone else ever get a feeling with these emulators that we're all striving to perfection for games we've played a shitload of times over the years and that the whole thing is a bit pointless and not worth the emphasis placed on it? I guess I'm just getting a bit bored with emulators. I'd love to see a lot of really good original games on GP2X, but I doubt that's going to happen. It might.

I'm not knocking the device. It's got a ton of potential and the idea is fantastic, just like the GP32. The scene is just a bit emulator-centric. Someone please tell me that I'm not the only one who's ever felt this way. :p

Well, I have felt this way in the past. The cure? Classic game collecting of course! It really helps when you own a REAL SNES, then you can play the games exactly the way they were meant....and then go back to the emulators and compare progress. I think you'll appreciate being able to play SNES portably much more this way. I have been collecting for years, and any time I see one of these games running on another device it seems pretty amazing to me!

As for original games, the system is just a baby. You may not see a slew of games come out for it like a GBA or such, but there will be choice titles released in the future. Vectar is just the beginning...

IntenseWage posted on Jul 4 2006 at 08:18 AM said:
The scene is just a bit emulator-centric. Someone please tell me that I'm not the only one who's ever felt this way. :p

You are not the only one.

That's the problem. I have owned the real systems and have played these games the way they were meant to be played. It's amazing what can be done now, but the amazement only lasts so long.

the thing is that we should be thankful for what we get!

this emu runs at fullspeed with sound at fs1 with sound at 200mhz and thats the 0.37 version without the hacks! it works for me in games like smw, secret of mana, chrono trigger and super mario allstars!

the emu will progress and will be full speed in the future. just be patient you are behaving like a child. and all these hacks are a part of exploring the gp2x's capabilities.

IntenseWage posted on Jul 4 2006 at 01:18 AM said:

Don't go anywhere. Seriously, don't go anywhere. *wink-wink, nudge-nudge*
Some of us don't hurry our releases because we like to have the best to show that we can.

Can any of the GP2x snes emulators run the Super Starwars trilogy well? (Love those games)

Also can you actually save your game on any of them (try completing FF6 in one sitting)

Savign works perfect. The standart saving used when the snes trys to save, and save states are working, too. So saving is perfect.
And about the star wars series, don't know anything about that.

Oh, I noticed that Lemmings 2 runs _perfectly_ at 200mhz with sound!

And has anyone thought about dynamic recompiling and the snes emu?

Haze posted on Jul 4 2006 at 07:12 AM said:
Can any of the GP2x snes emulators run the Super Starwars trilogy well? (Love those games)

Also can you actually save your game on any of them (try completing FF6 in one sitting)

I've had some trouble with saves, but save STATES work beautifully in squidgesnes.

yalborap posted on Jul 4 2006 at 05:15 PM said:
Haze posted on Jul 4 2006 at 07:12 AM said:

I've had some trouble with saves, but save STATES work beautifully in squidgesnes.

Well that the important thing.

yalborap posted on Jul 4 2006 at 06:15 PM said:

I've read somewhere that squidgesnes actually saves 60 seconds after the snes wanted to save. Maybe that was the problem, I always wait a minute after saving.

Haze posted on Jul 5 2006 at 07:58 PM said:
What version of squidgesnes is considered the current one?

0.37c ( Avaible at the thread in the news section, I think )

Back