Which Gmenu2x Download Do I Use?

delaneyblues

Still Fresh
I have done a search on the file archive and a few come up,
So was wondering which one do i use for the f200.

Thanks again
Delaney

just so you know, the only versions of the actual app on the archive site are 0.7 and 0.9 (see their filenames). The other files that turn up in a search are all 'skins' i think... i.e. background and icons sets etc for gmenu2x.

OK I have put it on the root of my sd card and gone to settings and made sure autorun is 'on' but I get the same menu come up as before as though nothing has changed

Any advice ??

delaneyblues said:
OK I have put it on the root of my sd card and gone to settings and made sure autorun is 'on' but I get the same menu come up as before as though nothing has changed

Any advice ??
Make sure both Gmenu2x folder & the autorun.gpu is in the root directory. Whenever you turn on the GP2X, it would then start-up, but you can run the autorun.gpu manually also. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
In the root of your SD card there should be a folder called gmenu2x, and a file called autorun.gpu. My guess is you have the folder and not the file. The contents of my autorun.gpu are:

CODE
#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/sd/gmenu2x
exec ./gmenu2x

Remember that files and paths in Linux are case sensitive. I hope this helps. Also, let me compliment you on a well formatted, grammatically correct post with no obvious spelling errors :D

Klepto said:
In the root of your SD card there should be a folder called gmenu2x, and a file called autorun.gpu. My guess is you have the folder and not the file. The contents of my autorun.gpu are:

CODE
#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/sd/gmenu2x
exec ./gmenu2x
Remember that files and paths in Linux are case sensitive. I hope this helps. Also, let me compliment you on a well formatted, grammatically correct post with no obvious spelling errors :D

There would be no need to do this. The Gmenu2x already includes it, unless you want to make your own or edit the current one.

Ok now i have totally screwed my gp up,Ive put the folder on my root with the files doc and gmenu2x,Then i have put the auto run file on as well,Now when i swicth it on nothing happens apart from the loading screen,Which now means i cant do anything as i cant get into my sd card because it wont show the usb connected screen

HELP!!!

DON'T PANIC!

I assume you have a card reader for this... Create a gmenu2x folder in the root of the SD card and move all the gmenu2x files there (except autorun.gpu). The problem you are having is that the autorun is working fine but the file it's trying to run is not where it expects to find it, it should be in a gmenu2x folder, not on the root of the card.

delaneyblues said:
Ok now i have totally screwed my gp up,Ive put the folder on my root with the files doc and gmenu2x,Then i have put the auto run file on as well,Now when i swicth it on nothing happens apart from the loading screen,Which now means i cant do anything as i cant get into my sd card because it wont show the usb connected screen

HELP!!!
Do you have a card reader or another SD card?

delaneyblues said:
No Card reader but i do have another card
Well actually, you don't need it. My bad. :p

Just turn on your GP2X without any SD card in it. Then insert it after it completely loads to the default menu.

just take the sd card out, turn on the unit, and turn off the autorun setting, then sort the card out :)

and just so its totally clear, sorry if you know this...

the file you download from the archive is a 'zip' file. This is just a way of 'packaging' the whole thing up to send across the internet. Inside the .zip file is a number of other files.

You must open up the zip file, then open up the gmenu2x-0.9 fiolder thats inside, then copy the autorun.gpu file and the gmenu2x folder that you find there, straight into the root of your SD card.

If you just have the gmenu2x.zip file on the root of you card, it will not work. If your autorun.gpu file is inside a gmenu2x folder, it will not work.

On your SD card you should see: autorun.gpu, and a folder called gmenu2x.

Note: Depending on your windows settings, you might not see the .zip extension on the zip file.

lol, it really should be quite straightforward... basically the gp2x runs the autorun.gpu file in the root of your sd card, which is just loads the menu program, which is located at SDCARD:/gmenu2x/gmenu2x

Remember you cant mess up you gp2x if it goes wrong, and gmenu2x is really worth having if you can get it to work :)

EDIT:

To your last question, the gmenu2x zip file actually has another folder inside, gmenu2x-0.9, as you noticed... This folder is also not needed, just the 3 you mentioned, all seperate at the root of the card.

Ive managed to get into my card,So Ive deleted it all off my card and now it starts ok

Think maybe its far to technical for me
Thanks for your help guys x

Hi Mrsnature,

Yeah it was unzipped

Thanks

ok i have a file called gmenu2x which has in it doc,gmenu and auto run all unzipped,

so do i put the whole file gmenu2x on the root of the card or do i put them all on seperate,Or what ??

Alex,

What about the file called 'doc'

Thanks

HOORRRRRAYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have done it

Thanks everyone,Now next question how do I make it so that files are under the right catagory eg all my emulators under emulator

Thanks again and yes i win the dumbest Gp user in the world!

Back