Gmenu2x Dev

xcen

Website
xc3n.h4x0rr3c0rdz.net
Hi there

I have been away from the time I got my F100 stolen (early MK2 days) and the time I got my F200 (a month after it's release).

What's up with Gmenu2x development? has it been updated regularly? are there any plans to add F200 compatible scripts (for USB for instance.)?

xcen said:
Hi there

I have been away from the time I got my F100 stolen (early MK2 days) and the time I got my F200 (a month after it's release).

What's up with Gmenu2x development? has it been updated regularly? are there any plans to add F200 compatible scripts (for USB for instance.)?
Do some research! Dont be lazy!

1. Its in sourceforge so all the code is there.
2. You can browse the SVN
3. You will find the last change as:
Added touchscreen support in many screens.Code restructured with some new classe...

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I will have to stop being lazy and compile it for myself... and for that I need to learn how to do it =)

Sorry, just used that every news item makes it to these boards, but thanks for the heads, up I<ll go see over there

xcen said:
I guess I will have to stop being lazy and compile it for myself... and for that I need to learn how to do it =)

Sorry, just used that every news item makes it to these boards, but thanks for the heads, up I<ll go see over there
I encourage you to do that, the first thing i would do is see what build system they used by looking at the SVN.
It could be as simple as a make file, which can be compiled in linux or cygwin/mingw.

Just be aware if they havnt released it there could be incomplete changes or unknown bugs. In other words there could be a reason it hasnt been released.

Please don't get me wrong by saying this, but not everyone is a programer nor do they have the time to 'compile' code.... I for one do not wish to 'brick' my GP2X so I'll either hunt down for a completed version that has been uploaded to the site, or I'll just ask some friends at work to compile the code from the SVN for me... I'm sure for you out there that have compiled your own code, this would be easy .. but for a n00b (yes I'll admit it) like me on coding, I'll do my research first..... just my opinion ....

@iCeD00D: no risk on bricking anything here, but you do require a linux machine and SVN know-how, as well as compiling know-how

I'm willing to learn these things however and when I get stuck, I'll ask pickle =D

@PokeParadox: yeah I know! And I haven't seen Ryo around since I came back, he used to hang out here more... I remember the first Gmenu2x releases =)

@Pickle: you're right, and I do understand a bit how dev and SVN works, I'm just not really used to it but I'm totally interested in getting more involved with GP2X Dev =)

Xcen -- Yeah I kinda figured....... TG for VMware ..... I've dabbled in compliing and SVN's in my ole L2 days, but that was on a windows envirnoment.. Guess I'll have to read up on Linux...

iCeD00D said:
Xcen -- Yeah I kinda figured....... TG for VMware ..... I've dabbled in compliing and SVN's in my ole L2 days, but that was on a windows envirnoment.. Guess I'll have to read up on Linux...
It doesnt have to be linux, it just makes a little bit nicer to work with.
A nice program ive been using for SVN is tortoise SVN, it integrates into windows explorer. Its actually what im using to get the xBak code. Ive actually been able to use the dev environment yaustar put togther to build it. Code blocks it pretty nice as it handles the "make" file itself.

Back