Which Emu's Aren't Ported?

klikklak

Oh neat, it's a ... field.
Website
Visit site
I'm setting up the build chain for fun and started wondering which emulators or games don't have a maintainer that would do the wiz version. At least MAME is spoken for. What would be a good unmaintained target to unleash compiling frenzy on? .. can't test of course, since I don't have a wiz yet.

I don't know, but leave gpSP alone, I have dibs on it >_> (the version I'll have should eventually be a lot better than the one here)

I myself am waiting for emulators for the Atari 2600 (Stella, please, I love this emulator), Neo Geo, Intellivision, and Odyssey 2.

Squidge said:
snes is already running, so no point doing that one :)
I hear it's an old port of something that isn't as fine tuned as SquidgeSNES, or is there something else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
I hear it's an old port of something that isn't as fine tuned as SquidgeSNES, or is there something else?

I've ported it directly from the gp2x. For some strange reasons, the asm cpu cores just crashed the wiz, but after a few modifications, they work fine now.

Pickle said:
need a beta tester? ;)

Once I'm happy with it, sure :)

My Wiz got lost in the mail (damn those postage people, I suspect someone just took it!), so PicoDrive will be unmaintained for a while. Orkie's ports of my stuff will do I guess.

notaz said:
My Wiz got lost in the mail (damn those postage people, I suspect someone just took it!), so PicoDrive will be unmaintained for a while. Orkie's ports of my stuff will do I guess.
That wasn't him who ported it ;P

Or he's lying about it.

As soon as you got something running, send it to me, please.

I want to make some video of the WIZ soon :)
(Well, I wanted today, but seeing SNES and MMUHack is coming, I decided to wait a bit more)

klikklak said:
Sounds like Stella would be a good target for practice. Don't hold your breath though, I'm still having trouble just building the devkit.

Do you know I put up a prebuilt version on the archive? It doesnt have the libs but it will save you hours.

I would love to see the Neko Project II port of the NEC pc98 ported to the WIZ. However I don't know if there are any source codes for it. I think Korean Dev ported it to the GP2X and didn't add the source. That emu would be nice with an added touchscreen.

EvilDragon said:

I want to make some video of the WIZ soon :)
(Well, I wanted today, but seeing SNES and MMUHack is coming, I decided to wait a bit more)
Okay, I'll e-mail you my build of Temper today. It has a bug I haven't fixed yet (reason I never released the last version of the GP2X one) but hopefully you won't trigger it. It's not that big of a deal though.

'EvilDragon' said:

I want to make some video of the WIZ soon.
Great! I look forward to it.

This thread is revealing a flurry of WizDev activity :)

rlyeh: Since you've got a Wiz, is there any chance you'll port an msx emu?

Back