Ginge Compatible Emulator List!

Hansel75

Still Fresh
Hi, i would like to start this topic with a list of emulators that work ok through Ginge.
The point is to list any Gp2x/Wiz versions of emulators that haven't been ported to the caanoo, that work without any issues through Ginge.

I know there is a current topic based on Ginge Compatible programs in general, like games etc.
But this post here is solely to do with emulators only. And to list working ones.

So far i know of these to be working through Ginge-

-WIZ Temper (Pc-Engine)
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,92

-GP2X Bebeem (BBC Micro)
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,72,2330

-GP2X-Dragon(Dragon/Tandy CoCo)
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,72,2631

Please add any others that i have missed to the list, with links please.

Others that i have tried that did not work, or were to buggy to be usable were-

Arcem
Basilisk II
Cygnegp2x
Np22x
O2em
Potator2x
Rboy2x
Wizswan
WS2x

It's also known that the Phoneme and Lynx emu's don't work through Ginge either.

I will test other emulators as i find them and report back on any working ones.

Han.

Been noticing a slight problem with the BBCEm . Sound has a delay on it. Doesn't bother me but some may be put off by it.

BAFelton how does UAE4All compare to the native caanoo port? I know it will be missing the touchpad controls but do the game run smoother, worse or just the same?

Hi guys! I would like to note that the gp2x Wonderswan emulator did boot up ok in ginge, but i couldn't seem to load the test roms i added in it.
Apart from that it looked to be running fine in the menu.
Maybe someone else could test this out for me, it's called WS2x and is available on openhandhelds.

Also with the Dragon emulator, i only tested one game, it was Arkanoid and i had no issues with it and it was fully playable.
But if someone else would like to test out the Dragon and Bbc Emu's some more, that would be appreciated. Just to make sure they are fully working etc.

Foleyjo i just noticed there is a newer version of the Bbc emu BeebEm, i think were using ver 0.5 atm, there is a 0.6 version out with more fixes in it.
I have tested it quickly on my caanoo and it starts up ok as well. Maybe you could test 0.6 out for me and report back on your findings, it might fix the sound delay issues.
I will also test it some out more when i get a chance, if it is superior to ver 0.5, i will update the link for it here.

Also Uae4all and outcast have already been ported to the caanoo. Outcast seems fine, but uae4all could do with speed improvements.
I am going to test the gp2x/wix versions of uae4all through ginge, i will report back later on my findings.
As Foleyjo mentioned, it would be interesting to see if they run faster then the caanoo port.

I think i have tested most of the emu's now, the ones that aren't natively available on the caanoo.
Feel free to retest the ones i listed as not working, or try any other gp2x/wiz emulators i might of missed.

Thks, Han.

Just had a look at the 0.6 and remembered why I use the earlier one.
0.6 has a filename size limit and most of my games exceed that limit. So when I enter a directory I am presented with loads of messages telling me how games are too big and then those games are not available for selection.

The sound problem also exists in 0.6 . It is noticeable in the repton games when collecting diamonds.]

Ok no worries mate, will just stick to 0.5 of the BBC emu!

Also i have tested Uae4all through Ginge, both the Wiz and Gp2x versions startup ok.
I can access the menu's etc, but for some reason when i load an adf rom, nothing happens on both of them.

I am using the same working kickstarts that i have for the caanoo version, so that's not an issue.

Also one downfall with the Wiz/Gp2x versions, is that they won't let you overclock as high as the caanoo version will go.
The wiz goes up to 800mhz, the Gp2x version only goes up to 275mhz, and the caanoo version can go up to 866mhz!
On the caanoo version i can use 833mhz and it's stable.

So unfortunately i wasn't able to test any games to see if they performed better then the native uae4all port.
Maybe someone else can try them out and report back, as apparently they are supposed to work with ginge!
I wonder though, it's probably unlikely they would perform any faster then the caanoo version does anyway?

Thks, Han.

It's weird, but I'm convinced gPSP runs better on Caanoo via Ginge than natively. Is it even possible?

Hansel75 said:
Also i have tested Uae4all through Ginge, both the Wiz and Gp2x versions startup ok.
I can access the menu's etc, but for some reason when i load an adf rom, nothing happens on both of them.

I retried this and the ADF's I used loaded up.
It runs at a semi playable speed with max overclock and auto frameskip. However it suffers from stuttering .
I think with more overclock options this has the potential to be as fast or faster than the Caanoo compile

Last edited by a moderator:
Back