Votes: 0 0.0%
  • American Heritage College Dictionary Deluxe Edition

• Concise Oxford English Dictionary

• Total voters

Azure

Trust the recursion...
I really am in the need for a dictionary because my current one is just plain sad. It's a non-college dictionary that's 8 years old, missing a few pages, and torn into two different pieces. I'm currently looking at these:
Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary / Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary with CD-Rom
American Heritage College Dictionary / American Heritage College Dictionary Deluxe Edition
Concise Oxford English Dictionary
I was originally thinking about getting the first one, but then I found the two others, which also seemed like great choices (Also look at their Amazon.com Sales Rank versus the first dictionary, pretty big difference). So, which one should I get?

gay%20thread.jpg

(But I'd stick to Oxford if it was my choice :D)

I voted Oxford coz it was the only one that had the word English in

i bet the rest prolly said American Dictionarys

Dozer: u freaked me out;

Gary Coleman = cool

David Hasselhof = pinnacle of cool

the 2 together = GAY

xboxit posted on Sep 14 2004 at 11:45 PM said:
Only have access to my computer 3 days a week.

Dozer - Don't know about it being "gay," but I am aware that it is a quite lame topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not from the UK but I use "colour", "armour", "favour", "favourite", etc. Really annoys me when Word says they are the "wrong spelling". It's a bad habit I picked up from my elementary school English teacher, who WAS from the UK. I had a crush on her (as did nearly all the boys in the class), which is why I started imitating her writing style :D

Hmm...I think I'm going to go with the American Heritage one. Apparantly American Heritage is supposed to be the best when it comes to affordable dictionaries.

Back