Where To Purchase A Wiz

tehdewm

Still Fresh
I am curious, if besides the 2 or so ebay listings, is there any website that stocks a Wiz unit that is not over priced?

I just bought a brand new Caanoo from GameSuave.com last week. Shipping was REALLY fast.

http://www.gamesuave.com/categories/Gamepark-Gp2x-Caanoo

The Caanoo is my first handheld gaming device and I'm having TONS of fun replaying arcade classics from my childhood. I was a bit apprehensive about buying a product that isn't in production anymore but boy am I glad that I did! No regrets whatsoever about picking one up.

By the way, why you're looking to buy a Wiz instead of a Caanoo?

Well I prefer the formfactor and look of the wiz. Honestly if I can not pick up a wiz I will just get a dingoo, but I would really prefer the wiz. I don't want a caanoo.

Not just form factor, but the Oled screen, Man it just looks soo good, its part of what what makes the Wiz so unique..

LTStone said:
Not just form factor, but the Oled screen, Man it just looks soo good, its part of what what makes the Wiz so unique..

That too. After seeing the Vita's OLED screen that would be a huge bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, Ebay is probably your best bet. No site that I know of still has them in stock, even ED's shop is sold out. I found this thread over at the trading forum on OP, http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/8429-anyone-interested-in-a-gp2x-wiz/ maybe he still has it and at $90 it's a good price. One thing you can try is starting a "Want to Buy" thread in the Marketplace here and over at OP.

I also agree that the Wiz is a great unit. I have all the GPH handhelds and my Wiz is still my favorite. The size, shape and especially the screen are better than any other handheld out there. If it had more ram and a better processor it would be damn near perfect IMO! When I get some spare cash i'll be posting those WTB threads myself. ;)

There seems to be a resurgence for the Wiz, It would be cool if GPH could maybe make a small batch to sell again... and maybe a few Cannoo's as well..

The first time Wiz went out of production, GPH decided to make another batch. If enough people show interest they might do another batch.

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum.

I actually have a Wiz for sale (no really, this is not one of those automated sales pitches). It is my own device and it has barely been used (mostly due to a lack of time and somewhat easier to operate alternatives). It is complete in the original box and even comes with the official leather carrying case.

I would have to ship it from The Netherlands, so keep that in mind. Nevertheless, feel free to pm me for more details and/or photo's.

I had thought about starting a new topic, but I figured you guys should be allowed to be first in line so to speak :)

Note: In the meantime I also posted this message in the marketplace as suggested.

There's a Marketplace forum section near the bottom of the main forum page. Feel free to start a new topic there for more exposure. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have some more in stock - brand new, boxed, unopened :)

These will probably the last ones ever available new...
http://www.dragonbox.de/altere-modelle/94-gph-wiz.html

I also have some spare parts (like replacement OLEDs, batteries, etc.), so in case you can grab one with a broken OLED on eBay, you could repair it yourself.

Back