Wiz Genuine Leather Case

MiOdd

Website
Visit site
http://www.gp2xstore.com/gp2x-wiz-genuine-leather-case.html

Has anybody picked this up? is it any good? I have two specific questions regarding the case as there is not a lot of detailed information on the website.

1) Is this a play-through case? Meaning are the buttons accessible, can it be played without removing the system from the case?

2) Is there a clip on the back? In order to attach it to a belt similar to most cell phone cases, or is the back completely flat?

I've picked it up and I personally think it's very well made (better than the usb cord lol)

The buttons are completely play through, even a small hole made for the access to the stylus if you choose not to use the spandex holder made on the case for it. The clips seem to hold it well but if it were dropped while open I dunno if it would hold it or not, im sure as hell not going to test it lol, I could see it working on carpet, but cement (while open) I could see it popping out.

It closes by a hidden magnet latch which keeps the flow smooth and works pretty well at keeping it closed and won't open even when pulling the case part apart unless you use real force.

The back is all all flat, no clip or anything tho I'm sure you could mod it somehow to work with a cell phone clip that has the adhesive attachment on it.

Pictures, ignore the lil green monster head, it's a cutout of my Gf's sons book he was diddling around with on the way to camping lol

[edit]

and the last picture the board wouldn't let me post
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9636/wizcase010.jpg

I have it; the only real issue I have with it is that all but one of the SD card slots is positioned above the screen. I would think that it would be possible for the exposed edge of a card to scratch the screen if random pressure is applied to the outside of the flap. You can put your own layer of somethingorother there to prevent this, but it would've been nice if something had been built into the case to protect against this.

Sweet, thanks for the pics and comments. I've been using the generic black pouch my Game Boy Micro came in, which fits well, but I think I might need to upgrade.

I have it; the only real issue I have with it is that all but one of the SD card slots is positioned above the screen. I would think that it would be possible for the exposed edge of a card to scratch the screen if random pressure is applied to the outside of the flap. You can put your own layer of somethingorother there to prevent this, but it would've been nice if something had been built into the case to protect against this.
ya the screen issue I could see but...for 5 bucks you could get the screen protector, or 5 mc-chickens from mcdonalds lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought one too. The case is well made, but I personally don't like the style.

If I had the choice again I'd get a case that you remove the Wiz from to play. Like the DS Lite ones. I personally remove my Wiz from the case to play with it, but I'm always aware that the brittle plastic may snap.

That's my personal opinion. If you're happy with the leave it in the case - folds over the screen as you play - style, then it is well made.

I bought one too. The case is well made, but I personally don't like the style.

If I had the choice again I'd get a case that you remove the Wiz from to play. Like the DS Lite ones. I personally remove my Wiz from the case to play with it, but I'm always aware that the brittle plastic may snap.

That's my personal opinion. If you're happy with the leave it in the case - folds over the screen as you play - style, then it is well made.
mine doesn't really fold back over as much as it used to now that it's been slightly broken in from playing it in the case

ya the screen issue I could see but...for 5 bucks you could get the screen protector, or 5 mc-chickens from mcdonalds lol
Glad you mentioned that ;) as I was considering the screen protector. Is it cut to size? I'm one of those guys that could never draw inside the lines as a kid, and can't cut straight either.

I'm a big fan of the ZAGG InvisibleShield; they make one for the F200 but not the Wiz.

Glad you mentioned that ;"] as I was considering the screen protector. Is it cut to size? I'm one of those guys that could never draw inside the lines as a kid, and can't cut straight either.

I'm a big fan of the ZAGG InvisibleShield; they make one for the F200 but not the Wiz.[/quote]I don't personally have it but im almost positve that it's cut to size

I do have it. It is indeed cut to the screen size. If you apply it, make sure all surfaces are clean and no dust is around, as if you get dirt below the protector, you will have ugly bumps in it.
And once its applied, i doubt you cant get it of easily.

Im not sure. I had a bubble of air below mine and managed to get rid of it by stroking it to the edge of the protector film. Luckily it was near the edge.
Problem is, its very close to the edges of the screen, once applied, so you can't peel it of using your fingernails so you will probably have to use some cutter type of thing to lift one edge to peel it off.
That could probably add little scratches to the screen, but I did not test the durability of the screen surface. However these scratched would be to the very corner of the screen, so if you manage to get a real bad scratch in the protector in the middle of the screen, you could probably life with a tiny scratch in the edge you MAY inflict when trying to peel an edge off to replace the protector.

Im not sure. I had a bubble of air below mine and managed to get rid of it by stroking it to the edge of the protector film. Luckily it was near the edge.
Problem is, its very close to the edges of the screen, once applied, so you can't peel it of using your fingernails so you will probably have to use some cutter type of thing to lift one edge to peel it off.
That could probably add little scratches to the screen, but I did not test the durability of the screen surface. However these scratched would be to the very corner of the screen, so if you manage to get a real bad scratch in the protector in the middle of the screen, you could probably life with a tiny scratch in the edge you MAY inflict when trying to peel an edge off to replace the protector.
That's interesting. I have been thinking about getting both the screen protector and the case. However, with the screen protector being a bit of a hassle, I may wait on that to see if there is another party that offers it.

I still have the "protector" that came with the Wiz on it :)

Hey, it works. I am sure I am not alone.

Hi, I got my leather case, screen protector & accessory set (carrying strap, metal stylus & SD holder) through the post.
The leather case in my opinion is well worth it, the only problem is it shuts over the screen. (No doubt this will stop as it gets more use, or you weigh it down with more SD cards, it holds 6!)
The screen protector went on perfectly, yes it is cut to size. (10 times better that the original air filled rubbery one!)
The accessory pack contains a leather carrying strap onto which connects an extending metal stylus (super!) and a rubbery SD card holder. (Which you won't use if you've got the case!)
I got it all through Ebay. (It cost me about £22.00, including shipping from Spain, and took just over a week to arrive in the UK.)
He also sells official metal stickers (in 6 designs) for your Wiz, I prefer the original black plastic though!

Back