Where Is The Flood Of 3D Art?

atomicthumbs said:
A texture would be nice :p

anyway I'm gonna try this with LuxRender later
This won't work with LuxRender since it is an unbiased renderer, and we basically just got a "shell" (as you've noticed) of the case that has thickness 0. LuxRender doesn't work with things that are that thin since it basically sees them as void then (because nothing IRL has thickness 0). See above for the artifacts you get because of this.

I'm manually recreating a *fake* interior (EDIT: Or I might just seal up all the holes, a lot easier) to make it possible to use the model with Lux. I will see how far I get tonight; there's a LOT of vertices that need to be created :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'm giving up for a bit now to do something more constructive instead :)

p13c.jpg

may88 said:
GizmoTheGreen said:
TRAAAAPDOOOR!

I remember that from, eh, nickelodeon i think...

It was on the BBC first!

no it was on ITV - I remember it well..

Don't you open that Trap Door!
You're a fool if you dare!
Stay away from that Trap Door!
Cos there's something down there!

and that's the song!

showing my age now

Rick

spinghed said:
may88 said:
GizmoTheGreen said:
TRAAAAPDOOOR!

It was on the BBC first!

and that's the song!

showing my age now

Rick
And showing my ignorance. :)

EvilDragon said:
dflemstr said:
MWeston was smart enough to remove the interior of the models (making them useless to copycats).

I did that ;)
I removed quite a lot of stuff making in unusable except for a few renderings.
I did a quick STL check - the model does have about 1 Million (!) errors that need to be fixed before you can use them for a CNC / FDM machine... so copying won't really work here at all.
So detailed? I would be happy with a 5-10K Polygons BlenderModel. Well, sadly, I'm to late to get the Data and throw it in Blender. But I can wait.
And I doubt that a Company could do a Case-Copy at all, even with a full CAD Model. Whan a professional Chinese Company with the original Data needs 4 Months to make a acceptable Case, how long will need a Pirate Company? ;) Forever I think and when we would see a 1:1 Pandora Copy after a few Weeks we would know, that the OP Team had simply choosen the wrong Factory for doing the official Case. :D

Converting to any other format => 120+ MB

With easy to DIY 3d scanners, it won't be a problem if any company actually wants to copy one.

I for one would welcome clone systems. No way would anyone produce such a well thought out case;
All the clones would be crappy Smartphone layouts with crappy low-resolution touchscreens...

Would make the Pandora seem special. (unless the cloner put a Cortex-A9 CPU in there instead...)

Example:

OMG you gota "Clonetronic-6376"; Does it have 2 analog joy...nope, what about a D-pad...nope... hmmm...
Does it have more RAM or NAND....really, thats too bad. Surely the CPU is faster? Ahh... I see well 300Mhz is still pretty fast...
for 2005....ahahah. Sucker!

spinghed said:
may88 said:
GizmoTheGreen said:
TRAAAAPDOOOR!

It was on the BBC first!

and that's the song!

showing my age now

Rick

Could this be what you guys are talking about?

Looks rather old, definitely not my time, and doesn't look like something that came out in America.

Series-8 said:
I for one would welcome clone systems. No way would anyone produce such a well thought out case;
All the clones would be crappy Smartphone layouts with crappy low-resolution touchscreens...

Would make the Pandora seem special. (unless the cloner put a Cortex-A9 CPU in there instead...)

TI have got a much too big reputation to be selling their processors to cloning companies (i think). It's not like you can buy them on e-bay or something ;)

About the renders: i absolutely love the speccy one :D

The Trapdoor was (and still is IMHO) the greatest claymation animated tv programme ever - yes even better than Wallace and Gromit.

I watched and loved it the first time around, and still love it now, 25+ years later. I have a huge collection of official Trapdoor merchandise that I cherish. I have big plans for a remake of the Piranha/Don Priestly computer game (as seen in the render). Just need more time in the day...

Bramrash said:
Wallace and Gromit is way better

- you're kind of missing the point -it was made for tv almost 30 years ago! Now I'm really showing my age!!!

and we are waaaaaaaaay off topic

:rolleyes:

Rick

Not exactly "Art" but I quickly dashed these off with Deep Explorer.

http://www.skizzers.org/andy/tmp/OP/

The vertex one is kind of pretty, actually. I like the patterns of rings.

VRAndy said:
Not exactly "Art" but I quickly dashed these off with Deep Explorer.

http://www.skizzers.org/andy/tmp/OP/

The vertex one is kind of pretty, actually. I like the patterns of rings.

Art is in the eye of the beer holder. I like 'em :)

Back