When I Actually Have The Pandora In My Hands...

mazza558

...I'm just going to be in a state of shock. I'll look at it, turn it on and won't actually believe what I'm seeing. It's been such a long wait (no fault of the devs, of course), but it's gonna be a surreal experience. :p

lol, maybe once we have the pandora in our hands, we will feel some form of disappointment ^^
not with the actual machine, which will be awesome
but suddenly, no longer going on the internet, looking for the latest update, no suspense when you see things go wrong, when delays happen, no infinite discussion about what might be, how some things should be, etc...
suddenly, it's there in your hands, and the next weeks you'll be getting used to not waiting for it ^^

And then there will be the updates in software, the new releases, the long awaited N64 emu :rolleyes: Really, the exitement only begins then IMO

But yeah, a sence of shock at first is to be expected :)

MarkoeZ said:
And then there will be the updates in software, the new releases, the long awaited N64 emu :rolleyes: Really, the exitement only begins then IMO

But yeah, a sence of shock at first is to be expected :)
it's still different, there will be lots to look forward to, but you'll have your pandora, now we have nothing, and are waiting for something ^^, making it a lot more intensive ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
This is soooo wrong. You can't wait to get it in your hands, get it turned on because it's been so long it's gonna be surreal? Soooo wrong. ;)

... I'm going to turn it on and leave it on until I've got my code running on it, and then I'm gonna party real hard, coz the Pandora, running my code, is something I've yearned for now for over 10 years! :)

(Since my HP200LX died, and the Portfolio before that, and no .. laptops haven't been a good hardware platform in the meantime ..)

... ohhhhh, I have plans. Muahahahaha. :D

I'm going to look be very excited, obsess over it for a bit reading other peoples experiences so far and maybe film an unboxing, mess a bit with the default OS, play the 1 or 2 bad, untested homebrew games that are out on it, then get bored till the next day where I wake up and I play the improved homebrew and the new wave of rough ones and so on. this is how it went for most other homebrew consoles, I don't expect to get it all at once, which I fear some users who may have picked up the GP2X later on have.

also inb4 alex or quack insults you and the thread

Racemaniac said:
lol, maybe once we have the pandora in our hands, we will feel some form of disappointment ^^
but suddenly, no longer going on the internet, looking for the latest update, no suspense when you see things go wrong, when delays happen, no infinite discussion about what might be, how some things should be, etc...
suddenly, it's there in your hands, and the next weeks you'll be getting used to not waiting for it ^^

That's when the fun really starts, the forums will be going crazy, they'll be daily updates on games, tools, apps, emulators, rom (game) discussion... it'll be sweet!!

I'm going to play a bunch of random roms I downloaded and stuck into a "do not open until Pandora arrives" folder

I'll find the nearest secluded spot, crouch down, caress it and whisper softly "my precious".

joa said:
Racemaniac said:

That's when the fun really starts, the forums will be going crazy, they'll be daily updates on games, tools, apps, emulators, rom (game) discussion... it'll be sweet!!

Indeed. We might expand the amount of blog writers to compensate for all the new stuff.

Hmm

I'm looking forward to using MPlayer with .mkv filter so I can play all my .mkv movies on the Pandora whilst travelling on the Train

At work I will probably then use it to create some perl/unix shell scripts - I know I can do it on my Sun box, but it will be more fun doing it on the Pandora

Then when I get home either browse the net through firefox, listen to MP3's or play Quake, or just have old school fun with Playstation, SNES, GBA, Megadrive, SMS emulators followed by N64 and Dreamcast emulators in the future.

Yep I will be using it alot and blogging also - don't know much about th unboxing video Posioned mentioned as I was planning to do that but as it has been said before the first batch was not going to be supplied in any retail packaging, just plain box ... May still do this for the hell of it.

OH THE WAIT IS ENDLESS :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
=====
gp32_console + :gp2x + and Hopefully Very Soon .... :pandora1:

http://gp2xwizandpandora.blogspot.com/

my girlfriend will be asking (hum) "you payd HOW MUCH for THAT little thing?"....

one week after wards she will want one for herself (happens with all my gadgets)...

Polossatik said:
my girlfriend will be asking (hum) "you payd HOW MUCH for THAT little thing?"....

one week after wards she will want one for herself (happens with all my gadgets)...
haha :rolleyes:

I might do an unboxing film and put it into my archives for memory sake, as well as on my blog. And then I can show some of my non-school friends.

I'll find a nice, deep, dark hole in which to bury my BeagleBoard. Its simple one-assed schematic will be useless to me.

Hopefully, all the work I'm doing on the beagle will have paid off and I'll have a functioning mythtv client running within a few hours. As soon as I get my hands on this puppy, it'll be going straight into the lab for testing.

I just want to play some of my Playstation 1 games without having to carry around my PS1 with LCD and controller, or having to convert the game to PSP by converting the disc to ISO then convert to eboot with the right codes on it then popsloader has to be set to the right firmware otherwise it wont boot...takes hours just to get 1 game working properly...

I will inevitably brick it within the first 24 hours of having it.
The next 24h will be spent figuring out how to unbrick it.
The cycle will then repeat.

Might have a browse through the file archive between brickings, though.

fiveseven said:
I will inevitably brick it within the first 24 hours of having it.
The next 24h will be spent figuring out how to unbrick it.
The cycle will then repeat.
Doesn't Pandora have instant magical self-debricking capabilities?

Anyway, I'll be either trying to install a book reader so I can finally finish Huckleberry Finn or seeing if I can 'ssh -XC myname@mycomputer pidgin' or something along those lines.

Back