• Last Thursday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Egg McMuffin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol! V-Chip!

Guys, I tried to warn you that Commandant Chip would let the power go to his head. He locks more threads in a day than all the other mods combined do in a week.

Free Speech died the day Chip became a moderator.

I think this is possibly the third time this exact same thread has been played out in the last 2 years :p. If history is anything to go by, the moderators are fighting a losing battle here.

Hey chad78, just let it go already...
I think bullcrap polls are nothing worth of protecting on this forum. In the off-topic section, goofing off a little is alright. Some polls we had in the past that were completely meaningless and just for having fun. But posting a poll about how gay everyone is and blablabla is just plain stupid. I can't really see why the moderators should preserve those... I remember when Shikaku was banned. He kept on making penis posts in so many threads that it was hard to keep up with. It was a sort of inside joke but then he took it way overboard and that's why he got his ban.

chad78 said:
lol! V-Chip!

Guys, I tried to warn you that Commandant Chip would let the power go to his head. He locks more threads in a day than all the other mods combined do in a week.

Did they make Imodium for the mouth yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex. said:
chad78 said:
lol! V-Chip!

Did they make Imodium for the mouth yet?

:lol: Great response.

Exophase said:
lolz at people who think that they're entitled to say whatever stupid and offensive things they want on a message board...
I blame exposure to the Slipzone...

Parkydr said:
We tried free speech, remember the Slipzone?

That's the reason you need moderators.
Oh God, you don't know how apt that logic is.

chad78 said:
lol! V-Chip!

No, I think it's just that many members here report most of your shit slinging anti-pandora/wiz rants that are full of strawman arguments to the moderators. Chip is just most active as a moderator at the moment and gets there to extinguish your semi-childish outbursts first.

:lol: When free speech died on General GP2X News section then? :lol: I cannot post any freaking pictures on gp32x.de front page withoout moder's appoval anymore... :lol:

"Free speech" consists solely of your right to create another forum or website that people can go to, or not, as they wish.

Think about it this way: at least in the US, you are guranteed certain rights under the First Amendment. This doesn't mean, though, that newspapers have to print all the useless letters you send them; what they print is entirely up to the owner of the paper and their editors. If you want to disseminate something that the editors don't want to, tough, they don't have to do anything. You're perfectly free to start your own press in that case.

The Internet works the same way. It's not that hard to understand. If anything, it's better here, because if you really want to make your views known, it's easy to put up a website, compared to buying your own printing press...so this is a completely useless and meaningless thread. No one is killing free speech, the moderation here is free speech in action.

'free speech' is that not like the 'unicorn' i.e. only exists in the mind? :)

Nova said:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
Also, this is off topic; we don't need V-Chip keeping the place rated G.
No.

<huge image>

NOW it's rated 'G'

photoshopped:

ethug.jpg

Exophase said:
Who made you a moderator anyway?
so I'm not the only one who gets the impression that DCGM thinks he's a mod. :p

Nobodys crying. It used to be possible to be able to post spurious things on these boards and have a laugh, but now this section (which was created for light hearted chat) is under as heavy moderation as the serious ones.

As for Exophase's trying to accuse Jeghegy of "calling people gay", I doubt you really paid much attention, as the only hint at such a thing was the topic title "someone here is gay". Judging by the high amount of users on this board, I would say that was highly likely to be honest, and for all you know, he could have been talking about himself (;) love ya jeg)

Quit moderating the Off Topic so harshly. If it gets out of hand, we'll let you know (It's what the report button's for). :rolleyes:

Nova said:
Nobodys crying. It used to be possible to be able to post spurious things on these boards and have a laugh, but now this section (which was created for light hearted chat) is under as heavy moderation as the serious ones.

As for Exophase's trying to accuse Jeghegy of "calling people gay", I doubt you really paid much attention, as the only hint at such a thing was the topic title "someone here is gay". Judging by the high amount of users on this board, I would say that was highly likely to be honest, and for all you know, he could have been talking about himself (;) love ya jeg)

Quit moderating the Off Topic so harshly. If it gets out of hand, we'll let you know (It's what the report button's for). :rolleyes:
Yeah, I didn't pay attention, he's not actually a giant idiotic troll, he made a totally useful post that was in no way intending to annoy people. Saying "someone here is gay" is not at all making an insulting statement regarding the boards in general, good thing you can always just take it literally to try to defend him.

So like, why don't you quit being so arrogant and whiny about some jackass getting modded down - contrary to what you might think you don't automatically represent what the board wants. Go start an actual poll over whether or not people care about him getting temp-banned, rather than the non-poll you started here if you want to find out whether or not you are that voice. I for one would rather have the people appointed to take care of the board do so than hear your opinion over what's acceptable - you guys can keep your authority hating rebellion to yourself every time someone might be impinging on what stupid pointless crap you can no longer do. Yeah, how dare they.

I'd especially love to know where people get the notion that an off topic board means "whatever asinine crap you feel like posting" and that somehow anything should go and it should be moderated less seriously. Doesn't make any sense at all.

P.S. How do you know it WASN'T reported? If it didn't get taken care of I probably would have reported it myself. And lo and behold I'm not the only person who'd like to see the boards kept clean of this kind of thing.

In fairness, in jegHegy's poll, he did have an option that said "I'm gay" and one person selected it. So really it was a statement of fact. Someone here is apparently gay.

Anyway, I don't care about this little spat, though the whole thing is amusing. I'd much rather talk about the new Fucked Up album. It's pretty good! The jury's still out as to whether it's better than Hidden World, but I think it might be more ambitious, at the very least. I'm looking forward to the actual release, so I can have a hard copy instead of just mp3's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back