Pandora When developement is finished how much will the pandora cost?

mrnotcrazy

Still Fresh
First off i have a cold when i have a cold.....my brain it doesn't work, I say this since im not sure if this is the correct placement for this post but anyway.

I believe the current cost for the Pandora is $349 Is there any chance of that going down a bit? Its not that i think its to much but as a student going through college money is a bit hard to find.

First off i have a cold when i have a cold.....my brain it doesn't work, I say this since im not sure if this is the correct placement for this post but anyway.

I believe the current cost for the Pandora is $349 Is there any chance of that going down a bit? Its not that i think its to much but as a student going through college money is a bit hard to find.

Afaik, the $349 is barely covering the part costs etc..

It is under priced. Look at similar products (well, there are none very similar, but close).

There is just so much to the Pandora that the price has to remain high, but then again you are getting a real mini computer, not just a games console.

The Pandora is a Minicomputer + a Opensourcegaminghandheld, 2 for the Price of 1..

sure you get a Netbook that cost a bit less, but it hasnt gamingcontrollers..

Expect the price to go UP with each batch, not down.

If you want to save money... BUY ONE NOW. :p

It's simply a matter of re-adjusting priorities. (and possibly selling yourself as a slave for some time) ;)

Then its quite lucklyfully i bought mine on nov 08 for 250€ (330 US$ /27 718,2935 Yen 210 British Pounds)

Old : 488.95 DM (The Old German Mony "Deutsche Mark")

1639.89 Franks (The Old Frensh Mony)

484.067.50 Lire (the Old Italien Mony)

Lol I thought $349 was a bit low too considering what you get $500 seemed more reasonable but since......i dont have $500 laying around i was just wondering "if" anyway......(yes FaeMinx i have thought of slavery but...its frowned upon in today's society) if the market picks up ill prob be able to get one with in the next year anyway just wondering if i should buy sooner rather than later. Ill prob just stalk the forums till then drooling,waiting,saving....planning(working) one day PANDORA SHALL BE MINE.(one of them at least)

Once I recieved mine and had the chance to use it, I felt $500 would have been fair, and I would have gladly paid that amount, and still would.

It all boils down to what you are willing to pay, and where you may find value in a product. I know some people who buy the newest smart phones for a grand, and I wouldn't pay 100 for most them, just not my cup of tea.

Chris

Once I recieved mine and had the chance to use it, I felt $500 would have been fair, and I would have gladly paid that amount, and still would.

It all boils down to what you are willing to pay, and where you may find value in a product. I know some people who buy the newest smart phones for a grand, and I wouldn't pay 100 for most them, just not my cup of tea.

Chris

couldn't agree more btw since i will be stalking the forums for a while(least till i get my Pandora) What can i do to help? minus well be of use if im going to hang around. Im pretty computer literate however basic programing and logic are the current walls of my knowledge(not wisdom)but maybe i could promote somehow? post on sites? wear a t-shirt?(its big in japan) perhaps a reminial boring task of which the developers are to important to do like taking out the trash or cooking....maybe i could just get angry when people talk about the iphone?

you are getting a real mini computer, not just a games console.
It's a Minicomputer? Wow! Thank you so much! I'm now expecting a mainframe for Pandora II. :lol:

qs85kh.jpg

Scoff all you like, infidel! But I tell you with utter certainty that the Pandora is more powerful than the 60s/70s era mainframe computer...
Pandora is (more powerful than) a minicomputer!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a Minicomputer? Wow! Thank you so much! I'm now expecting a mainframe for Pandora II. :lol:
Scoff all you like, infidel! But I tell you with utter certainty that the Pandora is more powerful than the 60s/70s era mainframe computer in your photo. In every regard--ops/sec, I/O bandwidth, core memory, storage. And, I hasten to add, at a fraction of the price!

To answer the OP:

The Pandora (device) has already been developed and the price for a device is set.

The software is opensource and will be developed by everyone here.

For free, because we love the Pandora so much.

Scoff all you like, infidel! But I tell you with utter certainty that the Pandora is more powerful than the 60s/70s era mainframe computer in your photo. In every regard--ops/sec, I/O bandwidth, core memory, storage. And, I hasten to add, at a fraction of the price!

However the big computer looks so much cooler sorry pandora but man....if i had that in my room that would be awesome!

I have seen a cray-1 used (only) as a sofa ;)

Where would you get those things? are they cheap? I could use some furniture.

Not too long ago, the computer museum thingie in my university town wanted to trade their Cray for, if I remember correctly, "a couple of old PCs we can use for web surfing or a case of cocacola". They found very few takers :)

...don't worry, a bit later when the threat was that it was going on the dump, another museumish place agreed to take it.

Back