What's the difference between rebirth and 1Ghz version?

homejogger

Still Fresh
Let's say as the title.

I'm thinking about get an open pandora recently.

As both rebirth pandora and 1Ghz pandora has 512MB RAM, 

do I still need to buy the 1Ghz version?

omap3530(600Mhz) VS ti DM3730(1Ghz)

ddr 333 VS ddr 333

sgx530(110Mhz) VS sgx530(200Mhz)

How the speed&battery life difference between the rebirth pandora(OC to 1Ghz) and 1Ghz pandora?

Thanks for your guys reply.

Short:
A 1Ghz gives you a little extra speed on emulation of newer systems (like N64, DS and PSP), some Android Games and some of the Ports that where released lately (like Jedi Knight 3). I have no personal experience, but I doubt that the difference in battery life is very high, if it is even noticable.

There is also a small comparison chart in EDs shop, and there should be some threads floating around, which are going more into detail, try the search function.

Edit: Found some Performace/Watt Comparison

Edit2: rephrased the emulation part

Last edited by a moderator:
Battery life is better in the 1GHz model if you do the same stuff, because the perf/W is better. The difference is not huge, because other components like the screen still consume the same amount of power, and both units consume nearly no power in standby, but there is a difference.

I'd say the main difference is faster RAM (because of the higher system bus clock speed) and the ability to get higher CPU clock speeds. The faster GPU is nice for those applications that use it. With the current price difference (the 1GHz model used to be more expensive), I don't really see a reason to not buy the 1GHz model, unless you're on a tight budget.

I don't really see a reason to not buy the 1GHz model, unless you're on a tight budget.
Agree. The only reason may be if you are not interesting or gaming or doing relatively resource-demanding applications... then if that's the case a Rebirth could do... but since i like the Pandora to do tons of different things, I'd recommend anyone with a similar usage pattern a 1Ghz anytime. 

Back