What's The Best Version Of Afterburner?

darklight1138

Can't get the arcade or the Sega 32x version to work. Only one I can get to work is the Genesis version, and it doesn't work very well. There's an Afterburner 3 for the Sega CD but it sucks bad.

So what's the best version of the game, closest to the arcade version that works on Wiz? Thanks!

Yeah, I tried those but the buttons are limited. Guess I was hoping for a good MAME version but apparently the game isn't compatible with the MAME for the Wiz. :(

Well, the Master System version is my favourite, especially when I play it on the Master System.

The Arcade version ran on the SEGA arcade systems, which the MAME does not support. The 32x support is not yet implemented in picodrive. You're best bet are the turbografx and mastersystem versions.

Mr.TwisT said:
The 32x support is not yet implemented in picodrive.

Ah, that answers some questions. Are there plans to implement 32x support or is there another emulator that does or is it just something that's too much for the Wiz to handle?

Last edited by a moderator:
darklight1138 said:
Mr.TwisT said:
The 32x support is not yet implemented in picodrive.

Ah, that answers some questions. Are there plans to implement 32x support or is there another emulator that does or is it just something that's too much for the Wiz to handle?
The Caanoo version of Picodrive does support the 32x, and 32x games don't play very well on that (I've noticed some slowdown, I think). It may be too much for the Wiz to handle, I think.

Edit: nonsense removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back