Best version of Hard Drivin' that can be played on the Pandora?

Blue Protoman

Title. Or Race Drivin'. That's just Hard Drivin' Plus. Anyway, the pair received a lot of ports throughout the late 80's and early 90's. Problem is, most of them are crap! In 1995, Race Drivin' received a port to the Sega Saturn that was actually pretty good; for once, I own a legal copy of it. It was a good game, a cheap import, AND played on unmodified American Saturns; what's not to love? But anyway, as we all know, Sega Saturn's not an option on the Pandora. So what's the next best version of Hard/Race Drivin' that I can play on the Pandora? Any thoughts? Stories?

I had a DOS game that looks a lot like Hard Drivin'.

You were able to create your own circuits with the blocks.

There were loopings, jumps, bridges and a lot of other blocks.

Anyone remembers it?

I quite liked the Lynx version - pretty close to the arcade version (even had the mooing cow AFAIR) - played about as well too - all the steering feel of an Austin Allegro...

I quite liked the Lynx version - pretty close to the arcade version (even had the mooing cow AFAIR) - played about as well too - all the steering feel of an Austin Allegro...

Oh man, that was a great version of the game. I used to play it in the back seat of my parents' car and would get really sick. It definitely does have the mooing cow. Speed track: BORING.

Thanks, that was the one!

Fasten your seatbelt!
Have it.

The mame version is probably the 'best'
Tried it, slow as hell.

Really? 'Cause I didn't like the Lynx version. Though I suppose I could give it another go...

Pah. You should be playing stunt car racer.
Lucky for you, various competing games can coexist peacefully on the miracle you made. So I'll give that a shot as well.

Best version of Hard Drivin' that can be played on the Pandora?
Apparently not this one.

To be fair it was after all titled Hard Drivin, which by itself is not a fun sounding name!

I've always loved the looks (for some reason) and trying to play Hard Drvin, but the control on every version I tried was too crappy to ever really play for long..

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought the Megadrive version was very good. Played it a hell of a lot when it came out, and loved it.

Also the PC got a really good version, don't know whether that works under DOSbox or not though.

You could also try the Amiga or Atari ST versions.

Nothing beats Race Drivin' though (still play it in MAME on my PC a lot), and unfortunately every conversion of that WAS crap.

Pah. You should be playing stunt car racer.
Seconded. And also the fan altered Stunt Car Racer TNT (Amiga only), for even more Stunt Car fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, there was a Playstation port! It was under the name Race Drivin' a Go Go (Japan only).

Back