What's Happening To Pandorapress.net?

dflemstr

It's a ball.
Website
Visit site

Exciting new stuff coming? Hacking attempt? What's happening?

EDIT: Oh, just the new header... Now I'm disappointed.

Am I the only one who spams F5 frequently enough to notice stuff like this?

dflemstr said:

suggestion instead of f5'ing the site to death... look into RSS feeds... this... http://pandorapress.net/feed plus a nice RSS reader http://www.google.com/reader ... and you'll save their ISP some bandwidth.... just sayin you'll see the news as fast as the manic button masher

Last edited by a moderator:
jb0yx said:
dflemstr said:

suggestion instead of f5'ing the site to death... look into RSS feeds... and a nice RSS reader www.google.com/reader... save their ISP some bandwidth.... just sayin you'll see the news as fast as the manic button masher
Yeah I of course use RSS, was just kidding about the F5 thing. I reacted because I visited the actual site for once to see if links had been added (to the chat, or some other Pandora-related page)

whtm.gif

unless we are talkingg bout mobile internet services, it would be nuts to talk about bandwidth isnt it?

even that, they shouldnt talk about bandwidth but Total Uplink and Downlink Data Transfer.

XD even if you owned Internet i donnt think you could get infinite XD you would have to be the internet.

Please add a proper javascript-based IRC client and not that damn Java IRC client, most people not know about Java and some of us avoid it like hell in webs.

That's the one atomicthumbs decided to go with, for whatever reason. I just wanted something there that worked, so I'm happy. :p Maybe he's open to other options, but he's the one putting the time into it so it's his call.

It's just there for newbies really. If you're going to spend any serious time in chat, you're better off installing an IRC client and forgetting about the chat page. Chatzilla is an awesome option for Firefox users who don't want to install a separate app.

The Java IRC client is there because:

• The Terms of Service of my web hosting provider forbid running applications that interface with IRC and unattended processes (daemons)
  • A Flash IRC client would need the freenode people to put a special file on their server, which I doubt they'd do just for us
  • An AJAX IRC client requires a gateway to run on the server, which invokes the first one
  • Mibbit and other similar embeddable clients hit the cap on the connections from one IP address all the time

Gruso said:
It's just there for newbies really. If you're going to spend any serious time in chat, you're better off installing an IRC client and forgetting about the chat page.

What server/channel?

D.

Dunny said:
Gruso said:
It's just there for newbies really. If you're going to spend any serious time in chat, you're better off installing an IRC client and forgetting about the chat page.

What server/channel?

D.

Was it #openpandora @ freenode? I've been meaning to join for some time now, but always seem to forget.

EDIT: Gruso, you beat me again to it :)

EDIT2: Also, it was #openpandora not #pandora

timofonic said:
Please add a proper javascript-based IRC client and not that damn Java IRC client, most people not know about Java and some of us avoid it like hell in webs.
Some of us avoid javascript on the web where possible. But as it happens, I also don't bother with Java on the web (as opposed to elsewhere, where it can be very useful) and just use a standalone IRC client.

levi said:
timofonic said:
Some of us avoid javascript on the web where possible. But as it happens, I also don't bother with Java on the web (as opposed to elsewhere, where it can be very useful) and just use a standalone IRC client.

For web-based IRC clients, I prefer CGI::IRC.

-God Ginrai

Back