What would you like to see?

Web Browsing, YouTube, BBC Site, Email Software (Opening an attachment) etc

All of the above shown on a desktop monitor then pull back to show the Pyra.

Unplugging the keyboard, monitor and mouse then either pocketing the Pyra or walking away working on the Pyra.

Uhmmm, guys, those were just a quick current snippet videos, no commercials yet.

And we don't have flash running or a Pyra Prototype ready yet ;)

doesnt have to be flash, just something the avg joe knows about, and run multiple instances of it. not something like running neon in the background. anything you have we all know about and flood the fiery pyre with it

I want to know the compile time for compiling something like Xorg with all optimizations enabled (including multithread to take advantage of extra CPUs).

Bonus points for comparing it to Pandora compile time.

Bonus bonus points for comparing it to a recent budget laptop and/or PC.

This would be time consuming however, so I understand if that's a no.

EDIT:

Should probably mention that I primarily run Gentoo, hence my interest.  It was surprisingly quick (relatively) to compile a working Xorg system on my Pandora, though to get past a few issues I had to use that one guy's pandora gentoo spin (neuvoo or whatever?).

Last edited by a moderator:
Geogebra (uses Java) running some of the more demanding constructions with lots of objects (I can provide some fine examples).

Compiling an Arduino sketch and uploading it via the USB-Port to an Arduino compatible device (already possible on Pandora, but it still impresses me).

Videos running at 1080P.. Perhaps in the way DaMummy suggested.
I suppose my 1080p videos are not good enough. 
Oh I haven't seen yours or I forgot you even did them.. Whatever though, more than happy to watch them (again).
Well you liked it before... http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/16987-demo-of-omap5-playing-video/?hl=omap/URL]

The first video is 720p second one shown at the 2:00 mark is 1080p.. I should of picked a better video than an Anime as a demo.. but my choices are limited at home for 1080p content. 

As I replied on Twitter, show off running KDE and KDE apps since no other device in this space does that. Others like me who prefer KDE will be asking where the link is to pre-order.

As others have said, LibreOffice will be a big draw for many.

Connecting a USB DVD drive and ripping a DVD with Handbrake would be pretty good too. Maybe using KMyMoney to balance a checkbook while Handbrake runs in the background.

Also, streaming a video from a DLNA server in Banshee would be good. Since it requires mono, that shows a lot of flexibility.

yeah! you work with video editing. encode a 1min 1080p video

As I replied on Twitter, show off running KDE and KDE apps since no other device in this space does that. Others like me who prefer KDE will be asking where the link is to pre-order.
Wasn't KDE being used for his talks and demonstrations with the devboard?  Although I may not use KDE most of the time with my Pyra I would like to see what I previously listed with it.  That would help me see how much is too much.

Wasn't KDE being used for his talks and demonstrations with the devboard?  Although I may not use KDE most of the time with my Pyra I would like to see what I previously listed with it.  That would help me see how much is too much.
I never had a chance to watch the videos, so I don't know. I guess I should try to get to that sometime this weekend.  :/

I never had a chance to watch the videos, so I don't know. I guess I should try to get to that sometime this weekend.  :/
I've watched those videos about six to ten times each.  The Dev board was running KDE without hardware acceleration of any kind; entirely software. 

-Glyph Reader

Finally watched the videos... LOL, yeah, okay, I see that the demo was basically doing most of what I suggested, all at once. :D  I can't freaking wait for this thing to be complete. I guess I need to start deciding which internal organ I can live without in case I can't save up enough before launch day.

Finally watched the videos... LOL, yeah, okay, I see that the demo was basically doing most of what I suggested, all at once. :D  I can't freaking wait for this thing to be complete. I guess I need to start deciding which internal organ I can live without in case I can't save up enough before launch day.
I heard kidneys can get you a hefty sum, and there are two so you don't die!  And if you are really desperate, you can cut off part of your liver; the liver can apparently grow back. 

-Glyph Reader

I would like to see, a Video, where ED shows the 40 Page Shematik of the Pyra via Libre Office on the Defboard, and the Shematiks of the Pandora in second Tab..

Or how the Pyra can Handle the Youtube Videos ED makes until now from Pyra and Pandora development..

Back