What Was The Best Generation Of Gaming?

The Best Generation of Gaming!

• First Generation (Magnavox Oddysee, Wonder Wizard etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Second Generation (Atari 2600, Fairchild Channel F etc.)

• Third Generation (NES, Sega Master System, Atari 7800 etc.)

• Fourth Generation (Sega MegaDrive, SNES etc.)

• Fifth Generation (PlayStation, Nintendo 64, Saturn etc.)

• Sixth Generation (PlayStation 2,XBOX,GameCube,Dreamcast, etc)

• Seventh Generation (PlayStation 3, XBOX 360, Nintendo Wii)

• It's a tie between multiple eras (please specify)

• I'm only into Portable gaming such as , GP2x and Pandora.

• Other (please specify thoughts)

• Total voters

Maybe you read about the Naomi 2? That was released at roughly the same time as the Dreamcast stopped being made.

Orkie said:
Maybe you read about the Naomi 2? That was released at roughly the same time as the Dreamcast stopped being made.

Sega filed for a patent for what was supposed to be the dreamcast 2. I think I just got happy and wanted to believe. I've never heard of the Naomi 2, Im going to google it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goity said:
Oh great. Everyone's voted for the generation they first played. Nostalgia ftw!
No. I didn't. My first generation was 2. I had an Atari 2600 and an Intellivision. I also had stuff from Generation 3 - a NES and an Atari 7800. But I voted for "it's a tie" for Generation 4 and Generation 6. Neither one was close to my first generation. In fact, the earliest generations have zero votes. I'm sure some a lot of people on here had Ataris, NESes, and Master Systems, yet nobody voted for them.

well the first system i really "owned" was the gamecube, before that i kinda leeched off of siblings/blockbuster rentals.
ahh, those were the days.

I liked fourth, sixth and seventh. Seventh has a lot of innovation, sixth had lots of great games and powerful consoles, and fourth has tons of classic awesome games. I unfortunately never had an SNES, however. My first video game console was a GBA SP.

White Demon said:
No classic 8/16 bit computers in the poll = no vote.
Just because they aren't listed by name, doesn't mean they don't fall under a listed generation.

Fourth geneation for me definitely. Come to think of it , I was playing 4th generation games 10 years ago as a kid , most of the games I play nowadays are 4th geneation , and probably will be playing most of them after 10 years...

second rank would be third generation. My interest for newer consoles have waned rapidly after fifth generation , which only games I spend much time were resident evil games on psx and super mario 64 on n64

Back