What tools do you use to edit your videos?

juliano

Hi Ed,

I know you have a professional life where you edit videos. What tools do you use?

I started some years ago but I still think I can go a little deep into that. See for example this video I made (it is not game related, it is about electromagnetic simulations - it's colorfull enough though):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ60imDeJ6I

I used for video editing Sony Vegas and VirtualDub, to create the water effects I used a freeware called Sqirlz (very neat BTW), Adove After Effects for the Intro and some Flash animations. 

Thanks!

Juliano

For editing, I'm using EDIUS 7 Pro with HDStorm hardware in a Z600 workstation (24 GB RAM, FireGL Graphics Card).

Two FullHD monitors for editing, another one for the video preview.

I wouldn't want to switch EDIUS 7 with anything else when it comes to editing - it's very userfriendly and allows really fast editing if you know what you're doing :)

While the above hardware is a dream when editing, it also works fine on normal PCs.

I've got it on one of my laptops (which also has a FullHD screen).

For compositing, I'm also using After Effects, though I also still often use combustion* for some things (even though it's not in development anymore), as I really love the UI and productivity :)

I use edius too. it is awesome although my PC struggles with avchd which my camera uses.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Thanks ED,

I´ll try EDIUS then. I knew that there were something else I could try :)

Back