What Stuff are you going to use with the Pyra?

BTW, I don't see any prices, yet. What price will the Pyra approximately be? 300-500 eur?
Welcome to the boards Pixman.
EvilDragon made an estimate of the Pyra price breakdown here. As you can see, expect it to be around 500 Euro w/o VAT. When purchasing in Europe, the German VAT rate of 19% needs to be added which puts the final price around 600 Euro. Note that this is an estimate, the final price may vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, I don't see any prices, yet. What price will the Pyra approximately be? 300-500 eur?
Welcome to the boards Pixman.

EvilDragon made an estimate of the Pyra price breakdown here. As you can see, expect it to be around 500 Euro w/o VAT. When purchasing in Europe, the German VAT rate of 19% needs to be added which puts the final price around 600 Euro. Note that this is an estimate, the final price may vary.
Keep in mind that was an estimate, not a quote.  Components are generally priced and sourced in US dollars.  Currency markets have moved a bit since the estimate was made.  in order to maintain margins, the EUR price would likely need to go up some.

The first batch of Pyras should be priced on the high side.  That would help capture the early adopter premium as well as give ED more wiggle room in handling returns and repairs.  Hopefully the R&R rate will be low, but the first batch is where faults are found, if any are present.

What needs to be avoided is the scenario that happened with the Pandora.  The price model was overly optimistic and the first batch of pre-orders paid considerably less for the units than they cost to produce AND there were returns and repairs needed.  So, especially for the first batch of Pyras, ED should lean toward the higher end of his price spectrum.

I find it both amusing and sad that there are so many people popping up who think ED and/or his re-sellers should be selling at little or no profit or even at a loss with no room for error.  Those attitudes are incredibly selfish and unrealistic.  For the project to succeed and flourish, ED needs to make a solid return on his investment while making a unique product for an active audience/community.

The fact that he's being upfront about how he plans to calculate the price is simply unique and refreshing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back