What should I do with this handful of tinybob's?

Hooka

That Guy!
Website
Visit site
I wound up with a handful of tinybob's and now I'm wondering besides making a tv-out cable that won't pull apart on me, what interesting things could/should I do with some of them or does anybody want something specifically that they'd pay for me to make for them? Kinda inbetween jobs atm, so I have free time and could use a little cash :p

Yeah, just a few... Gonna make a nice little video cable for myself for sure...

IMG_20151120_200242.jpg

IMG_20151120_200227.jpg

Ah so these have the EXT connectors already soldered on.

ya afaik, might be one or two that are iffy, but a multimeter can always test that quick before I start soldering ;)

FaeMinx: got 7 :D

"slightly more easy" That's an understatement, for me soldering those connectors (yeah it was me who sold them to Hooka) would have been unthinkable.

Yes I believe that it was peca who I bought the BoBs and connectors from. 

Yeah, I think one's going direct to a tv-out cable and maybe try and make an ir out of the tx & rx on another, cause nothing was funnier than using a pocketstation to turn off every tv in the sony store all at once :p  Did the same with my Tapwave Zodiac at some point too, good times...

Man, I remember when I first started with the connectors, all the big ideas I had, all the excitement everyone else was experiencing about what we could do with them. Did anyone ever actually make something practical with their plugs?

Maybe it's a good thing the Pyra doesn't have an EXT port, just USB and serial connectors.

Did anyone ever actually make something practical with their plugs?

I made a breakout connector board, breaking everything out to a 0.1 pitch connector... other than that a TV out cable and a replacement to the first one I made.

I always planned to make a serial connector, and I might still make one, so that I can reuse my Pandora for its audio circuitry once I have a Pyra and once nothing new to test on my Pandora comes out.  Then I can control it from a PC or something else, without having to open any ports up on it.

Why not look at the serial arduino stuff or similar ? Adding a micro controller directly to the Pandora would be fun and useful 

Last edited by a moderator:
s-video out using my shop-bought TV out cable gets me a stable picture that's as good as that SD TV supports, but with only 280-odd lines per field, it's never going to be as pin-sharp as the LCD display.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back