What is your avatar of?

I was asked (semi-politely) from johnno15 what my new avatar is. Well it's a picture of the greatest, most badass vampire ever created: Alucard from the awesome Anime series Hellsing. (If you argue that there's one better, than you obviously haven't seen the show I'm talking about.)

If anybody has any questions as to what Hellsing is about, I'll give a quick introductory run-through (to the best of my memory).

EDIT:OK, I got the beginning a little wrong.

It starts out with this young female cop named Celecs chasing after a couple who are some kind of serial killers. In comes from the shadows the vampire Alucard, who gives the cop a chance to live again, but instead as a vampire under his control. If she doesn't take that choice, she'll become a ghoul (a kind of zombie that is under the control of the vampires they were created from). Celes has to learn to deal with her newfound lifestyle of vampirism.

Alucard is a servant also, in a way. He serves his master Integra Wingacy Hellsing: The last of a long line of British-based vampire hunters and leader of the Hellsing Institute.

Basically the whole storyline is about a gun-toting vampire who's on a mission to serve his master in destroying these fake vampires that keep popping up everywhere. Along the way teaching his own 'puppet' to be a vampire herself and to give in to the lifestlye a vampire must live. It's really a badass story that's hard to explain and is worth watching yourself if you really like Anime. I think it would also be good for a British (Protestant) anime fan to watch because of the Hellsing Institutes' conflict with the Catholic church after they send their 'Section 13' vampire hunter out to work with them. It's quite entertaining there (especially for me being an athiest and laughing at the conflict between all the different Christian sects).

Well, that's about as much as I can really tell you without having watched the series again. It's been a while and I don't own a copy of the series (I saw this awesome series over by a friend's house). My sig kind of reflect a sort of Engrish based dialogue of what I might say if I was some kind of Gothic-looking Vampire dude. I've started to turn into something else. I now like to sometimes call myself 'DarkNss' (like 'darkness') as a new alter-ego for me to embrace.

Hope that clears things up for some of you wondering what new persona I have embraced lately.

Wow.. there's certainly a lotta responces for a thread I started :blink: it's amazing what can happen when you leave for a good, few, solid days...

I'll be changing my avatar later when I get home from college, so watch this space! ;)

GP34: \/\/0|2D! :D

Until recently mine was Willy from the C64 game Jet Set Willy.
But now i've changed it to Rockford from the best version of Boulderdash on the C64 ;)

C64 rules! (can't wait for next version of GPFrodo :D )

Heuh! Meamuhumeahumaheuh! meuuuuuaa...hauh! Mine's The Cheat, but you can't really speak The Cheat with an english keyboard. Hm... another thing for matt and mike to sell on the HSR store, a The Cheat-Speak keyboard!
<p>
<p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p> Homestar Runner HSR,com RoXors! :lol:
ABANDON POST ABANDON POST. OVERLOAD OF CRAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Generalnmx, that is Diaz from Star Ocean 2 for the PSOne, taht is one of my favorite PSX games. Do I get a cookie?

EDIT: And my av is from Johnny The Homicidal maniac, becasue it is teh shit! But, ya know, in a good way.

Generalnmx, that is Diaz from Star Ocean 2 for the PSOne, taht is one of my favorite PSX games. Do I get a cookie?
Ah, damn it!
I always thought "I've seen this before... I've seen this before..."...
But it was too long ago I played SO2 - and I didn't recruit him either...

Now I finally know where I've seen him before :)

You can get a cookie from me, if you want ;)
Whereto should I send it?

Last edited:

Correct, correct - "Dias Flac", from my favorite PS1 game.

Here's your cookie:
======
/ + \
/ + + \
| |
| + + |
\ + /
\ + /
======

Uh-oh! Looks like it got mashed by the evils of Invision Power Board.

(angrypants @ Nov 11 2003, 11:40 PM)
Mine is axemans beard because its a damn fine beard I must say

I thought it was Avid's from Bo'Selecta.

Hmmmm - that's another to add to the list of beard-a-likes I've been compared to. :p

Mine is me, myself, I, moi etc etc, rendered in finest pixels by Bobson, the artwork of whom can be seen in the GP32:Zine each issue.

WOW!

If the game is so cool as ur avatar looks than it'll be a great game.

I'm looking forward to see something from ur game!

(btw. what does cameo-ing mean? :blink: )

Finally got round to updating my Avatar, check it out and guess who it is :D
Finally got round to updating my Avatar, check it out and guess who it is

An enemy (boss, probably) from Mario and Luigi: Supersaga for the GBA - the possible sucessor of Mario RPG

That's not fair though, since it hasn't even been released yet!
You are along the lines of the correct answer.. it is indeed from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and the character is the main enemy of the game, Cackletta the Witch.

Oh and you cant consider it unfair if you actually did research on previews/info/pictures for the game because that's what I did and I knew who Cackletta was miles before playing the game :p

Yes, I HAVE played the game, but let's just say it's for game-reviewing purposes :) Check the review at my website for my verdict: http://nintendogc.sonnexh.com/ (click "Nintendo" then "Reviews" on my navigation bar)

NOTE: Next time make sure you arent quoting the same thing twice :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back