I have tried the following roms recently, all Atari:

Battlezone
Gauntlet
Gauntlet 2
Super Sprint
Championship Sprint
Sprint 1
Paperboy

I ran them through clrmame, got the extra roms from my older 0.33 beta 6 sets where needed and fixed them all up for perfect running in GPmame.

But when I put them on my SMC, the only roms that show up (and therefore run) are GAUNTLET 1&2 and SPRINT1. The others don't even show up (also looked in classics for bzone - not there either).

Something doesn't seem right here. It's not bad roms, as I've ran them all on my laptop with MAME 0.34 (final) and they run fine. But they won't show up on GP. Every game I've tried so far works, but not the majority of Atari games.

It just doesn't make any sense.

Well I know he said that the emu doesn't support vector games. Battlezone is a vector game so it explains at least that one.

Battle Zone, Super Sprint, Paperboy and Championship Sprint aren't even in it for now.

Not sure about Sprint 1.

I have 0.37 roms for Gauntlet and Gauntlet II, and they work.

Hmm... Battle Zone is on the supported games list though. I guess the list should be changed then, as it's somewhat frustrating trying to get it to work. ;)

Twinbee posted on Mar 9 2005 at 12:02 PM said:
Battle Zone, Super Sprint, Paperboy and Championship Sprint aren't even in it for now.

Not sure about Sprint 1.

Well if they're not in then how come they are on Franxis list of supported games?

Last edited by a moderator:
White Demon posted on Mar 9 2005 at 01:12 AM said:
I have tried the following roms recently, all Atari:

Managed to get these ones 'working'...

Cloak & Dagger
Tetris (set 1)
Gauntlet 2 - fraction too slow
Gauntlet - fraction too slow
Return of the Jedi - cant seem to move player down
Klax (set 2)
Missile Command (set 1)
Night Driver - terrible but an old classic
Super Breakout
Sprint 1 - Old Super Sprint style game, difficult to control
Super Missile Attack
Xybots - too slow

White Demon posted on Mar 9 2005 at 02:49 AM said:
Twinbee posted on Mar 9 2005 at 12:02 PM said:

Not sure about Sprint 1.

Well if they're not in then how come they are on Franxis list of supported games?
That's a question you'll have to ask him.

They're not in it though. With the correctly named roms in the right place, they don't show up on any of the fxe game lists. Hence, not there. :blink:

Back