Mame Port News By Franxis

This is getting VERY interesting I say :)

The suspense is so thick you can cut it with a knife :)

This version of MAME and F-Day (which I go on record saying it is MAME too)

Come on Rlyeh what is F-Day? Is it MAME? We are going crazy trying to guess :p

come on guys quit being so stupid......F-Day is the day we get F-Doom III

B) wildo2ne

I'm another one thats been away from the gp32 scene for a while, great news Franxis, cheers mate. B)

rlyeh posted on Mar 2 2005 at 10:11 PM said:
excellent news Franxis

yes, having multiple fxe's is the only valid alternative which i found too (although i merged the fxe's into a big fxe so it was transparent to the user :)

i'll be looking forward to your work on next saturday/sunday :)

Cant you give us more of a clue Rlyeh ??

I cant wait to see the Amstrad emulator from you as well. Obviously MAME also !

I hope f day comes soon !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really really excellent news!! :D

Thank-you both for all your hard work! I'm really looking forward to Snow Bros on my gp32_console ;)

I personally don't mind at all how many .fxe's I have to use. I've just bought a few cheap 16MB/32MB cards off Ebay so will just label them with the appropriate MAME versions and fill them with the correct ROMS... well.. the roms that I own anyway, of course. :blink:

I was thinking of doing this too.... I found a large leftover stock of 32mb SMC's at our local supermarket for $10 a pop... as thinking of picking up a few of those specifically for Mame and doom... it wouldn't be a bad idea to split up a few fxe's per card like that to help keep them organized.

by the way we're not nagging, Dave C and I, just making a suggestion, since when do you have to wait for the thing to release to make a suggestion? I'm still very happy overall that mame is coming finally, no matter how many fxe's it is, I'm just glad to be able to play those games on my GP. Not trying to nag, at all... not like some people and their fifty million suggestions for DrMD :p

Well, Franxis proved my point anyways, as I guessed he did already think of this and will put it in a future release, well that's all I needed to hear.

$10 for 32M is not really worth it though. You can get 128M for only $10 more. You can always organize them how you would like and leave blank space for later. anything below 128M is kind of a waste IMHO.

At the end of the day its a beta and its the first release so many things could change in the future. I just cant wait to try it, just hope my roms work !!

where you getting 128's for $20?? This is $20 USD right?

Cheapest I found a few months ago was $40... have they gone down that fast?

Blah posted on Mar 5 2005 at 08:25 AM said:
Go to the Flash Memory section of www.pricewatch.com.

there about that on ebay too!

bast525 posted on Mar 5 2005 at 08:16 AM said:
where you getting 128's for $20?? This is $20 USD right?

Cheapest I found a few months ago was $40... have they gone down that fast?

BananaPC. It is $20.00 for 128M SMCs and free shipping. They are in the US.

What time will Mame be released tomorrow ? :D... I need to make sure I have a few hours free to play it :)

Franxis - one small request... for you or anyone so inclined, can you make a list of which romsets work with which fxe's? Or include it in the gamelist.txt file that comes with the rar pack? I know you are planning on doing some sort of frontend in a later version, but just a simple txt file telling which fxe to use to run which games for now would be great, if you could.

Back