What Is Going On ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
donpoon said:
I will be receiving my Pandora in a few weeks. Just received confirmation from Jacq. Wonder if racing games like Gran Tourismo, Colin McRae and Wipeout support Nubs. It would be great if they do!
Can you share what your queue position was?

Last edited by a moderator:
x86Daddy said:
donpoon said:
I will be receiving my Pandora in a few weeks. Just received confirmation from Jacq. Wonder if racing games like Gran Tourismo, Colin McRae and Wipeout support Nubs. It would be great if they do!
Can you share what your queue position was?

I don't know exactly my queue position. I believe I received my order confirmation on October-01-08 4:08:52 AM (UK time).

Pleng said:
notaz said:
Pleng said:
PSX emulation can't play ANY of the few Playstation games I like at a reasonable rate, even when overclosked.
What are those games, out of interest?

All the Ridge Racers, and all the F1 games.

It's probably unfair to say they don't run at a 'reasonable' rate as some of them are probably about 70% full speed, but for a racing game that's not really playable. Especially F1 2005 which has a bizzare jumpy pause-catchup issue.

I'm not trying to knock anybodies efforts of the people involved in the software and I know you've been bang on it with PCSXReARMed Notaz. My post was made from an end-user perspective, not a 'community member' perspective. It seems that the hardware just isn't quite powerful enough.

Ridge Racer 4 runs at full speed in the latest version of PCSX ReARMed (NOT PSX4Pandora) with a bit of reasonable overclocking. Dunno about the others.

Pleng said:
Specs wise, the Pandora is far from cutting edge now. The wifi on my unit rarely connects to a network, and when it does it crawls. There's no built in SIM modem, so network use is pretty much out of the question. There is no multi tasking interface that is suited to the small screen. I've managed to hack one together but unfortunately most emulators dont support a 'windowed' mode, so I can't be playing Sonic while waiting for a contact to come on online. Most games and apps are straight desktop ports with scant regard for the screen size they're dealing with... Even with my glasses on having a conversation in pidgen is a strain. Media players with small buttons, web browsers with the standard built in file requestors which are far to big to be useful... the list goes on.

I'm not sure why your so disappointed in your Pandora. If memory serves me correctly, at least I think it was you, you received a free gift of cigarette ashes with your Pandora. Craig is charging extra for that luxury now. Your so lucky.

Everyone is aggro over trying to get their hands on the ASUS Transformer. The others are going aggro on trying to load Ubuntu/Angstrom/MeeGo on it.
The entire boards is on fire, who will reign supreme?

Blue Protoman said:
Pleng said:
notaz said:
Pleng said:
PSX emulation can't play ANY of the few Playstation games I like at a reasonable rate, even when overclosked.

It's probably unfair to say they don't run at a 'reasonable' rate as some of them are probably about 70% full speed, but for a racing game that's not really playable. Especially F1 2005 which has a bizzare jumpy pause-catchup issue.

I'm not trying to knock anybodies efforts of the people involved in the software and I know you've been bang on it with PCSXReARMed Notaz. My post was made from an end-user perspective, not a 'community member' perspective. It seems that the hardware just isn't quite powerful enough.

Ridge Racer 4 runs at full speed in the latest version of PCSX ReARMed (NOT PSX4Pandora) with a bit of reasonable overclocking. Dunno about the others.

My Pandora only gets to 850 with ReARMed and RR4 is only full speed in the tunnels

carlgeorge said:
I feel sorry for ED in all this. He's also invested a lot into this project and seems like a top notch bloke.

Hello

Yes, EDs attitude towards the people who have invested their cash is second to none.

Also he comes across as having a passion for the Pandora and using it, as you say he
certainly does seem to be a far better person than Craig, I really have no time for him
now, wish even though I am in the UK I had bought my Pandora via ED.

Pleng said:
Blue Protoman said:
Pleng said:
notaz said:
Pleng said:

My Pandora only gets to 850 with ReARMed and RR4 is only full speed in the tunnels

Are you sure it's R8? And remember, there are two frame counters; one for the GAME, and one for the EMULATOR. The one for the game varies by game. The one for the emulator SHOULD read 60.

Chris S said:
carlgeorge said:
I feel sorry for ED in all this. He's also invested a lot into this project and seems like a top notch bloke.

Hello

Yes, EDs attitude towards the people who have invested their cash is second to none.

Also he comes across as having a passion for the Pandora and using it, as you say he
certainly does seem to be a far better person than Craig, I really have no time for him
now, wish even though I am in the UK I had bought my Pandora via ED.

His attitude might be better (not that it is saying much compared to Craig), but he still refuses to give the basic information that is asked over and over and over again:

HOW MANY (non-premium, non-rma) PANDORAS DID YOU SHIP THIS WEEK?

WHAT IS THE CONFIRMATION DATE OF THE LATEST (non-premium, non-rma) PANDORA YOU SHIPPED?

It is an obvious lie to say he does not know that. We know it is a lie. He knows we know it is a lie. Yet, he keeps posting long tiresome "informative" "news" blaming all the world, and not giving us the information we want.

aq21 said:
His attitude might be better (not that it is saying much compared to Craig), but he still refuses to give the basic information that is asked over and over and over again:

HOW MANY (non-premium, non-rma) PANDORAS DID YOU SHIP THIS WEEK?

WHAT IS THE CONFIRMATION DATE OF THE LATEST (non-premium, non-rma) PANDORA YOU SHIPPED?

It is an obvious lie to say he does not know that. We know it is a lie. He knows we know it is a lie. Yet, he keeps posting long tiresome "informative" "news" blaming all the world, and not giving us the information we want.
Learn german or use a translator, ED gives us regular status updates in the german GP2X Forums, he describes exactly what he is doing, shipping, repairing 'n stuff. I can't imagine a more detailed view into what he's doing. ;)

Blue Protoman said:
Pleng said:

Are you sure it's R8? And remember, there are two frame counters; one for the GAME, and one for the EMULATOR. The one for the game varies by game. The one for the emulator SHOULD read 60.

Sure it's R8. And Im not looking at any frame counters, I'm judging it by the fact that a second on the lap timer tkes about a second and a half to lapse; and the fact that the game speeds up significantly in tunnels (where it pretty much is full speed) also goes to prove that it can't be running at full speed the rest of the time

Pleng said:
Blue Protoman said:
Pleng said:

Sure it's R8. And Im not looking at any frame counters, I'm judging it by the fact that a second on the lap timer tkes about a second and a half to lapse; and the fact that the game speeds up significantly in tunnels (where it pretty much is full speed) also goes to prove that it can't be running at full speed the rest of the time

Games themselves slow down. And use the damned frame counter, it's there for a reason (and unobtrusive, I might add).

I'm really not interested in carrying on this debate any more.

EDIT ah i thought better of this. i wish people would just be more calm. all the anger just causes more anger in return.

Sadly what I talked about earlier in this thread also applies to those who keep asking for specific information from the team. 3+ years, and every few months several members get bent out of shape over what they feel the team should and should not be doing.

The one thing I 100% personally believe is that the whole team is.........WORKING! When was the last time anyone here spoke to Mr. Gates personally? Or Mr. Jobs? Iwata San? I would imigine NEVER! Why do you think that is? For me, I believe they are very busy, and they also realised early in their careers that you will never please all the people all the time.

I know how almost everyone on this board feels, as I have been there, and in many cases, I still am there. I have slammed the team in the past for lack of updates, improper business decsisions, and everything inbetween. Now, after 3+ years I have seen all the ups and downs, all the mistakes, and all the successes(although not many), and I truly believe everyday that Ed and Craig are giving 110% without question. I also speak to Jacquelyn on a regular basis, and she is a stand up woman.

So at this point they have earned my respect and trust. If anyone of them gives me information, I believe it is 100% truthful at the moment they give it. Sadly, they do not have a ton of staff, funds, or resources to do everything that could, should, and needs to be done daily. Hopefully one day they will, but unless this project keeps moving forward, and we all trust in them to do whats right, they will fall off like GPH, which would suck much ass, as I believe OP is 10 times the company GPH ever was.

When anyone questions any thing in life, it is for no other reason than a lack of trust. So those of you who feel the need to keep asking for information that will never come, please go ahead and proceed. Hopefully those of you who do will one day come around to a level of trust where that is no longer required, but I know the human experance by nature does not work that way 100% of the time, so Good Luck to us all, and a Happy Fathers Day to all you dads out there, as that is a truely difficult job! ;)

Chris

Blue Protoman said:
What happened to GPH?
I thought I read that they are no longer up and running. Although I didn't personally look to much into it, as I could care less about their future one way or another! Maybe it's a pipe dream on my part! LOL

Chris

If that's true, then our last hope for open handhelds is OpenPandora! They can't fail!

Blue Protoman said:
If that's true, then our last hope for open handhelds is OpenPandora! They can't fail!
Hell, they where our last hope even if GPH is still in business.

GPH SUCKS ASS! LOL

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back