Seriously what is the point

maddis

Website
www.ringtonesheep.co.uk
http://cgi.ebay.com/16gb-sd-card-open-pandora-consoles-enjoy-games-/200614324380?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopComponents_RL&hash=item2eb58ba89c

So, i just went to check out to see what pandoras are being sold on ebay (as i can see a few unlucky people have had issues with buying from ebay) and i found this.

£130.00 for a 16gb card seems bit steep??

Be aware, read the (i usually say small print) big print carefully before bidding

EDIT:

"we saw a gap in the market and demand for normal people that like playing games and devoted a service that feeds your gaming needs, WE ALSO FIX REPAIR UNITS"

Sounds like the service is an over priced con if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to Sugarfix's link above, these listings have come up before, here, as well. As you can see from this link, it didn't turn out well that time...

But I like to enjoy games, for 130GBP how can i go wrong.

It's like the kid who sells newspaper subscriptions for 1 million dollars everyone says no but he only has to sell one.

Yeah I'm going state side in a few weeks and I'm certain i can get a 16G card for $50 on sale some where. It is strange that a person who uses the internet to sell things presumes that their customers aren't capable of using to internet to compare prices.

regardless of what all you say, the guy managed to sell one unit, more power to him, $180 profit easily

Report it to ebay, mentioning that the card comes with unauthorized software or instructions to obtain pirated software etc. This forums/community is the only place that new users should come for help

A very long time ago eBay was a good place. A place where you could get a bargain and sellers could make a bit of pocket money. But now it seems that most are just out there to rip people off, including eBay themselves with all sorts of high seller fees. :(

A very long time ago eBay was a good place. A place where you could get a bargain and sellers could make a bit of pocket money. But now it seems that most are just out there to rip people off, including eBay themselves with all sorts of high seller fees. :(

Yeah....I haven't bought or sold anything on ebay for these reasons. When ebay bought out Paypal was just about the end for me. Triple dipping is just ridicules.

What are some good alternatives? For games, I know there's Game Gavel, but for things besides that...

What are some good alternatives? For games, I know there's Game Gavel, but for things besides that...
It really depends on what you're looking for. Naturally alternatives like Amazon Marketplace and Craigslist exist (along with many others), but they can be just as perilous as eBay at times. If you actually want to find a fair deal on something, then it's usually best to stick to the places where enthusiasts of those products hang out - if only because the large number of people who know what things are worth keep the sellers honest.

For example, I get most of my game music from sites reccomended to me on VGMDB, etc. What this does mean is that you need to be willing to buy from a range of different websites for each type of item, and also be willing to brave buying from foreign sites/sellers, as most items are cheapest in the places where they were produced.

Back