What game franchises should they stop making?

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Personally If I see another resident evil game ill go zombie and i really wish they would stop puking out final fantasy games because clearly the Final fantasy is nowhere in sight. And then theres dynasty warriors, oh look there was so much fog in ancient Japan, no wait thats just the PS2's shit draw distance. Feel free to vent. Its good for you :D

I can't really wish this on anybody. Some arsehole did this to us Mega Man fans, and now look where we are. :p

On a more serious note, though, it would be nice to see a bit more variety, instead of endless grimness with a few spots of optimism here and there. But that's probably a wish for more of other stuff to be made, than for companies to stop making things.

Yep it s nice when something different is released like god of war on the ps2.One of the best action adventures ever. I can remember playing resident evil 1 way back and its still going strong.Mad

I wish, they would stop making Settlers, it's just enough. :( I loved part 1 and it was good for me, 15 Years ago, but we are already at Settlers 7 and alot of titles in between. German Game devs sureley can do more than just settlers and Anno Series.

I wish, they would stop making Settlers, it's just enough. :( I loved part 1 and it was good for me, 15 Years ago, but we are already at Settlers 7 and alot of titles in between. German Game devs sureley can do more than just settlers and Anno Series.
Yep i had settlers for the amiga years ago.Its still going and not 'Settling' any time soon it seems.

I know you're just a kid and all, BP, but really, how many times do we have to ask you to stop being so crude? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the Final Fantasy, and Call of Money.

What I want them to stop making is Spyro titles, I've been playing them since the beginning on the PS1. They were great then, and the first few on the PS2 were good too. But when they moved on to the PS3 they decided to change everything; they still call it Spyro, but it is a completely different game that is, frankly, shitty.

Another one is Worms, after the first one, they were basically remake upon remake. And I was ok with this (my personal favourite was Worms World Party), but then they decided to go 3D, and it destroyed the game as much as 3D did to Sonic, I'll just keep playing me Worms World Party, and wait to see the next peice of rubbish Team 17 push out. (I have to admiit they have made a couple of new 2D ones recently, and they were quite good, but they just lack the feeling of the older ones).

This is just in my opinion though, of course.

I hope call of duty will die. I do not understand how anyone can play such crap.

They should stop making most of the Nintendo games like Mario, etc and start making more new IPs.

Also, moved to Other Consoles.

I have a dream of running a successful game company where only actual sequels are numbered sequentially, and games that have absolutely no connection to their predecessors (even when they have a similar look or game mechanics) get entirely original names.

Sonic

Pokemon

Madden

Halo

Final Fantasy

All those series can go away and I would not mind. -_- I think i read this in a game informer magazine a few years back but they said of the top 50 games (those with highest number sold) all but 1 or 2 were part of a series. Game companies have to make money, I mean they just have to and as far as I know they are not being subsidized by the government so when they turn a profit with a new Halo game I have no reason to be made at Bungie but at the same time it is totally frustrating to see things I do like go away. Breath of Fire, Mega Man Legends, Lost Vikings, Advanced wars. :(

Call of Duty keeps all the chavs and kids out of decent multiplayer shooters. It's doing gaming a great service.

Sonic Adventure was good :D

I vote: every sports franchise, ever. Stop it. Just stop it! A new version of each game every single year!? Argh! They can't possibly be making anything worthwhile in that trivial amount of time.

Sonic Adventure was good :D

I hung out with Sonic until sonic hero's but then i just could not do it anymore. Did you play "Sonic" for PS3 and XBOX360 oh my god honestly i don't say this and mean it very often but I really hope someone lost there job over that game. If you can get beyond the absolute horror that is the story line and actually still want to play the game you really can't the load times (for 360) are so bad you think you were playing a PSX with 640k of ram you load every 10 seconds, hell you reload to try the same mission again! I mean really what is that? How is that possible in 2006 (or whenever that game actually came out) that you have to load to try again? I mean honestly I want to know? I don't know much about Hardware and software engineering but how does that work? How can you load the data and then immediately need to load it again? Well I digress. but yeah Sonic Adventure was good, Sonic Adventure 2 was fun and sonic hero's was passable.

I would like to kill:

Worms + Dead Or Alive + Mario +

I would like to resurrect:

Dizzy + Syphon Filter + Jet Moto / Jet Rider + Thief + System Shock + Terminator: SkyNet / FS + Blood :)

+1 to the reccomendations for Sonic and Pokemon. And I should say that I absolutely loved the first games in both series.

Pokemon annoys me in particular simply because the games are adding only the barest amount of new content each time, and the individual pokemon designs are getting weaker and weaker. They've also done the "all powerful" thing a few too many times for it to be plausible any more. As far as I am concerned, they should make one final game that closes off the series entirely and then wait for 10-20 years before coming out with some remakes.

I could jump on the hatewagon for a number of other overhyped series (looking at you, Halo), but I'm too classy for that.

Back