What Game Can Make You Lose All Track Of Time?

generalnmx

Playful/Fascist Mod
Website
www.matts-hosting.com
The only game that has that effect on me is Masters of Orion 2. There's just something about it that can make me want to play it for an hour and end up playing for about 3-4.

I wish this game could be ported to the GP32, but alas no source code available :(

When I first got Final Fantasy 9 I played it for about 10 hours non stop. Apart from that I cant think of one. C&C: TS used to do it (online)... I was number 2 in the UK :)... thinking back I played way too much. I used to like C&C: Renegade aswell ^_^

When I first got Final Fantasy 9 I played it for about 10 hours non stop. Apart from that I cant think of one. C&C: TS used to do it (online)... I was number 2 in the UK :)... thinking back I played way too much. I used to like C&C: Renegade aswell ^_^
postal 2, go finty ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently Desert Combat (a mod for Battlefield 1942). I can play Basrah's Edge and Desertshield for hours on end without realising the time. Its not so much a first person shooter, but the tactics involved in storming and holding positions are what makes it really fun to play.

ahh desert combat used to loose entire evenings on that game once i masteered the helicopters ( the hind is completely awesome ) they just over power nearly all other units

yeh the Hind is good. But its weakness is its size and it "hangs" in the air. Just prime for a cheeky RPG shot from the ground.

Can't really say what I like the best. Probably at a push would be the T72 because its low height and ability to be completely obscured by rocks etc.. or the Harrier Jump Jet.. beats everything Ive found on "No Fly Zone" and some of the sea maps.

DC was the whole reason I got broadband :)

For the PC.
  • Unreal Tournament GOTYE
  • Combat flight simulator online or the quick dog fights.
For the ps1/ps2
  • Tony Hawks 3, either online or with mates.
  • Twisted metal black online
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Jak and Daxter
  • Bishi Bashi Special!
  • Street fighter alpha 3
  • Final fantasy 7 and 9
  • Metal gear solid 1 and 2
For the dreamcast.
  • Crazy taxi 2
  • Soul Calibur
They're the games that have made me forget to go to bed anyway :D.

Im my view I dont think BFV is as good as Desert Combat (but then I'm hearing good things about a Black Hawk Down mod so we'll see).

The box (1942) states the minimum is 500mhz, 128 RAM, 1.5 GB space free, 32MB graphics card.

[Im using an Athlon 2400, 512 RAM, 64MB Graphics card w/ SVideo linked to my telly.]

Its been out since 2002, but is still regularly played by thousands of people (including me :)).

Well I have:

750mhz Duron
312MB of Ram
128mb Blaster 5 FX5600 ULTRA :)

Is that ok to run at a decent speed?

Also where do you suggest getting a good s-video cable?

That should run it fine. The S Video thing is optional I just happen to have a socket on the back of my PC so I can have the screen on a TV. But Dixons or PC World do them long enough (like 5m or so)

max payne 2, dead man walking, lower east side, hit the coder cheat in and i'm gone for hours!

on a more sporting note, body boarding! i once went into the sea at ten and didn't emerge again till four, having no idea six hours had flown by!

Yeah, FF7 had me hooked for many an hour... and Deus Ex, the first play through. Jak and Daxter was also pretty fun. And Mario 64. And --- the list goes on.

Ghouls'n ghosts has me playin for hours, also super mario kart on the snes and mario world, The windwaker had the biggest effect the day i got it i started playin at about 11 in the mornin and didnt come off till 8 in the evening, Half-life had similar effect to theres loads also when me ands my little bro have a session on Streets of Rage that normally lasts ages and Capcom vs SNK on the ps2.

Back